matthijs

How much do you think Manson`s would charge to go from the satin black to a glitter finish like the guitar above? (i know i am copying but damn thats one sexy mofo finish right there!)

Can't imagine it would be too cheap. Since its in satin they'd probably need to strip the current finish off and reapply it in gloss with the glitter. I've not had a refinish from Manson yet so I can't quote anything precise.

Is that for a new guitar though or refinishing one?

I'm not sure if it would be more expensive for a new guitar or not. Wouldn't Manson receive the guitar from the Czech factory already finished even if it's new? Perhaps they would have to strip the finish anyway.

I'm not sure if it would be more expensive for a new guitar or not. Wouldn't Manson receive the guitar from the Czech factory already finished even if it's new? Perhaps they would have to strip the finish anyway.

Yeah I think they're already finished from the factory, and they have to be stripped

Apparently my FRX will be arriving today, then it's off to Mansons.

Yeah I think they're already finished from the factory, and they have to be stripped

Apparently my FRX will be arriving today, then it's off to Mansons.

Could you sneak some intimate pictures as I'll be shortly buying an FRX and would be keen to have a look considering how rare they seem to be :LOL:

is it me or all the available photos of the DR-1 make the fretboard look more like rosewood than ebony?

The one on the Works website (which was the same one at the guitar show from what I remember) is actually rosewood, but they will indeed have ebony fretboards. I recall there was a picture of Matt's other one (the first two are his), which does have an ebony fretboard.

edit:

nice

Spoken to Manson`s regarding the glitter paintjob on an existing order. They advised it would cost between £400-£500 (was expecting it to be a little cheaper if i am honest). However, they also advised this cannot be done until summer 2016 due to the site move to new premises and will not be taking on any repsrays until then.

The one on the Works website (which was the same one at the guitar show from what I remember) is actually rosewood, but they will indeed have ebony fretboards. I recall there was a picture of Matt's other one (the first two are his), which does have an ebony fretboard.

edit:

nice

Very nice indeed :D

Archived