Matt Bellamy in December issue of Uncut...

futurellama

Matt really wants to compose a film score doesn't he?

I hope he does.

Side projects are usually good for the creative process. He'd come back refreshed and hopefully rededicated to RAWK. I am actually hoping for a real break after the tour, maybe a couple of years, where they can explore different sides of themselves instead of experimenting with Muse.

I love their new stuff, but I really would love to see the next album return to their roots and get LOUD.

The link doesn't work for me :supersad:

Matt: How did you get into writing soundtracks, and how does it differ from writing pop songs? As you can guess, I'm jealous of your new calling...

Jonny: It's just a different way of collaborating with people - like being in a band with a director, and a bunch of images and stories - instead of drummers and bass players. It's fun! Don't be jealous. Plus, you and I would only ever get to see the most pampered side of the job. Composers who do it properly all the time aren't treated too well - on many films they're ranked way below, say, make-up, in order of importance, and not given much freedom to try things out. I was just offered a film because they had to 'let go' of their current composer and I think that happens a lot - in fact, I probably came close during the scoring for The Master. I kept adding jazz flute. Paul kept sending me pictures of Ron Burgundy.

:)

Matt: How did you get into writing soundtracks, and how does it differ from writing pop songs? As you can guess, I'm jealous of your new calling...

Jonny: It's just a different way of collaborating with people - like being in a band with a director, and a bunch of images and stories - instead of drummers and bass players. It's fun! Don't be jealous. Plus, you and I would only ever get to see the most pampered side of the job. Composers who do it properly all the time aren't treated too well - on many films they're ranked way below, say, make-up, in order of importance, and not given much freedom to try things out. I was just offered a film because they had to 'let go' of their current composer and I think that happens a lot - in fact, I probably came close during the scoring for The Master. I kept adding jazz flute. Paul kept sending me pictures of Ron Burgundy.

:)

Thank you!

Archived