Why not just cut out the ridiculous middle step and just bring back the good songs right away?

Futurism.

Hyper Music, Fury.

yes please is cool too! both amazing rock songs...

something like dead star or in your world would be fab too...

Easy now.

Yeah something like Dead Star, they haven't played that in like 10 years.

I think that's what the Zepp gig was for.

There just doesn't seem to be any sign of a follow up.

Well, at least a few of those great songs seem to be stickin' around. We'll see if Australia will get other comebacks.

I already accepted that Muse have a poppy side. And I don't mind songs like that on an album, they just have to make sure to put some good songs on there, too.

Pop-singles doesn't have to mean shit though. Time is Running Out, Bliss, Plug in Baby Endlessly, Supermassive Black Hole.... Then you get into stuff like Guiding Light, Undisclosed Desires, Starlight and Madness which are ugh.

Madness would be alright if it didn't take so goddamn long to get to the good part.

Sign o the Times should be a single on album #7. That's as poppy as it should get on the next album.

It probably won't sound exactly like Agitated, if at all.

And they've managed to play Dead Star in the same gigs as UD so I don't see why they can't blend.

And they please nobody because of it. The twelve year olds complain that they didn't play Unintended and the heavier fans complain that they didn't play Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts.

They're really at a crossroads where they need to decide whether they're going to be a rock band or the next Coldplay

Casual fans at Reading liked the hits part more than the OoS part. They're never going to please everyone but a good mix has done them well this tour. They're still regarded highly as a live act.

That's Reading Festival though. Everyone I've spoken to has said that it was a total buzzkill while everyone far back was loving it.

It's time to alienate the casual listeners and get the hardcore audience back since most of them stopped going to gigs after the disappointing Resistance tour.

I think a mix of both ambient/post-rock drawn out songs and bursts of heavy riffs and the sort would make a great album, as long as it's arranged well and flows well. I hope that's the variety that Muse will aim for if they were to concentrate more on the rock influences.

For some odd reason I just imagined Guiding Light with post-rock elements. :LOL:

I'd also be okay with them dropping the stringey-operatic theatricalness for the sake of a more simple (three piece even) rock sound, but then I'd want it to be heavy.

Yup they once were the best three piece live band to create a rock-solid, full sound with just the three of them. The songs themselves and the switching of instruments created plenty of diversity to entertain for a full show.

Now they're the three piece live band best at hiding behind sounds that are pre-recorded or come from a dude in the shadows. Ok, maybe it's just Matt who's leaving his guitar and piano alone too much, but the trend of adding more sounds while playing less of them is not a good one. Three-piece rock is where it's at, strip naked, back to basics and bring back over the top bombast as a climax, not as the norm.

Also, cut the cheese please.

Archived