I could see them writing that.

It's just that whenever Muse seems to venture into more experimental sounds, they hold themselves back, saying "oh no, we gotta keep a lid on it."

No you don't, you fools. You've proven yourself able to write epic songs and Matt has a clear sense of good progressions, so just go with the flow damnit. Experiment for REAL.

It's time for Muse to write a post-rock album.

please don't... post-stuff can very easily be done in a horrifyingly boring way...90% of post-rock/metal songs are painfully meh for me.

(exceptions being some stuff from bands like shels,isis,maybeshewill etc)

and I doubt even Muse could keep it consistently interesting for a 50min (or so) long album.

please don't... post-stuff can very easily be done in a horrifyingly boring way...90% of post-rock/metal songs are painfully meh for me.

and I doubt even Muse could keep it consistently interesting for a 50min (or so) long album.

It doesn't need to be totally post-rock. Just have elements in there, like with some of Deftones' work.

It's just that whenever Muse seems to venture into more experimental sounds, they hold themselves back, saying "oh no, we gotta keep a lid on it."

No you don't, you fools. You've proven yourself able to write epic songs and Matt has a clear sense of good progressions, so just go with the flow damnit. Experiment for REAL.

Agreed. I'd like them to have the strength of their convictions.

Tbh I'm not really worried about Muse making it boring.

Especially not with Matt's vocals.

For me Isis is the definition of a boring post-metal band, I just don't understand why their music is interesting at all compared to other stuff in the genre

not saying that they're bad, just not my cup of tea

Prog is one I couldn't see them pulling off very well.

when I was younger I used to think that Muse were a prog band

Archived