This is because, if you're already into an artist, you rate at least one of their previous albums really highly by default, because it got you into them. This is fairly obvious :rolleyes:

Not... exactly...

More that you project a personal bias onto the future albums, and once you "like" a band, you're more likely to be more highly critical of their future work, and it's virtually impossible for it to live up to the high standards you set for it.

People get personally invested.

That said, I still really struggle with TR. The highs just aren't quite high enough for me, and there's too man songs I just can't get myself to listen to.

T2L was amazingly better. And actually, while I agree with the flow issues, they aren't a personal issue for me, and I still listen to T2L quite often, minus a song here or there.

i would love to hear something like yes please or agitated, like matt said "this is what our next album will sound like" :D

When did he say that?

I wouldn't mind seeing something along those lines... except, well... a LOT better... :unsure:

The choir needs to fuck off for good.

And I could do with less (none) Queen-esque backing vocals/harmonies.

I absolutely never understood the bringing back of YP and Agitated.

They really aren't good songs... SO much more amazing stuff that could have surfaced.

Exactly. They aren't good at all and they have put out many more songs (recently) that I'd rather hear

So?

They could bring back the Newton Abbot Demo for all I care. It doesn't make the songs any better.

So if they can bring back those they could just as easily bring stuff that is great. As opposed to last tour when people went crazy over Sunburn in Australia as the best they could do.

So if they can bring back those they could just as easily bring stuff that is great. As opposed to last tour when people went crazy over Sunburn in Australia as the best they could do.

Why not just cut out the ridiculous middle step and just bring back the good songs right away?

Your mom is cool!

I'll let her know you think that.

Archived