Prog is one I couldn't see them pulling off very well.

I think something like the stuff tessaract does nowadays would work nicely. the long, held-out chest notes would suit Matt, and all the polyrythmic odd time-signature-esque distorted heaviness could be quite interesting.

as for Isis, they really can get draggy, but that's why I wrote "some stuff". post metal has to be something really special to become interesting.

Neither of them are very prog though. They have elements but not really full on into the genre (I think Yorke even hates prog). I couldn't see them going more in depth into prog in the same way I could see them going more in depth into post-rock like Sippe's example.

shush

um...no?

also, the choir can fuck off, I agree with that, but there's never enough strings:p

and I've always thought of Muse as a band that grab your attention immediately, not just some random music that's 'nice to listen to'. I'd like them to stay that way.

I honestly don't mind Muse incorporating post-rock elements into their songs, just not as long-winded as some really long post-rock songs. Heck, get some shoegaze in there as well. What I'm thinking of at the moment is that they'll be less keen on the electronic influences and will go for the more rockier route for album number 7, which I welcome a lot.

I don't think I'll be terribly disappointed with their output, anyways. I just hope its 'lifespan' would last longer than T2L did for me.

T2L is so much better than TR in terms of lifespan, I still listen to it from time to time, and I still really enjoy the live performances of songs from it.

Nah, total opposite for me. TR still has some songs that I feel the need to occasionally go back and listen to (Exogenesis, US, MK Ultra) whereas T2L pretty much just has Animals for me.

I listened to TR again today and it does have some great songs on it. But I think overall it and T2L are about even. TR having the higher highs but the lower lows.

I'd agree with that, T2L does have a couple of decent songs but too many average ones. That, coupled with bad flow and general inconsistency doesn't give much incentive to go back and listen to T2L. TR's low points could be so bad that they have pretty much the same effect for some people though.

I'd agree with that, T2L does have a couple of decent songs but too many average ones. That, coupled with bad flow and general inconsistency doesn't give much incentive to go back and listen to T2L. TR's low points could be so bad that they have pretty much the same effect for some people though.

The thing is, both albums had a lot of potential but they just seemed to fuff them up.

Archived