Warner did an absolute shit job promoting this entire album, regardless of how much they influenced the album directly or indirectly.

I feel like the logistical issues of a band as big as Muse going it on their own, though, would be immense, and yes, they would lose the financial backing, as well.

As far as we know, did Warner do anything bad enough to warrant them wanting to leave? I know they didn't intend to sign with them in the first place.

I can see them signing with a different label, though, and shopping around a bit for offers.

My #1 dream isn't a Muse/Justice/NIN collaboration anymore. It's a Muse/Biffy/Arcane Roots one now. Bellamy and Groves exchanging vocals while the two of them and Simon riff away

Muse/Deftones/Patton for me, I think, with an enormous solo from Matt on top of Carpenter's riffing. Though there's also something about the idea of Matt guesting on a Mastodon song which is downright arousing.

Personally, I think we've had enough symphonic stuff for now. I'd rather have them go down the slightly post-rock route. Hell, make that one side of a double (though I think I'd rather have a big single in the vein of Roots by Sepultura or Superunknown).

Muse working with Patton would be awful.

Not with Patton's lyrical input. Just have him sing some parts. I was just casting around for a second one to throw on, though I stand by Deftones (partly because their discography contains two guitar solos which are unshowy and very short).

Not with Patton's lyrical input. Just have him sing some parts. I was just casting around for a second one to throw on, though I stand by Deftones (partly because their discography contains two guitar solos which are unshowy and very short).

I'd like to see Hayley Williams sing with Muse :awesome:

I'd like to see Hayley Williams sing with Muse :awesome:

I've got no objection to that. Did you ever see the clip of her duetting on Passenger with Deftones? Not quite sure she was the right person to deliver those lyrics, but she did a pretty good job (although not on the level of videos I've seen with Greg Puciato on those vocals).

I've got no objection to that. Did you ever see the clip of her duetting on Passenger with Deftones? Not quite sure she was the right person to deliver those lyrics, but she did a pretty good job (although not on the level of videos I've seen with Greg Puciato on those vocals).

I did not! Will check it out.

Archived