I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that this artist guy says they are shooting 'The Guys' on 22nd Feb. It could mean a photo shoot with the band but it seems intentional that he put capital letters... Looks like a song title to me.

Lmfao if they title a song "The Guys" then RIP Muse. I'm sure this shoot will either be for promotional purposes to send off to media houses or as a single cover.

I remember how Fabri was certain that T2L would be green due to those random T2L stickers

To be fair, there's a decent amount of green on the cover nonetheless.

I just worry that the lyrics will be Matt's typical rebellious but ultimately superficial commentary on the government/drones. The politically themed lyrics on T2L were pretty terrible, but I think crappy lyrics about drones could be even worse because it would feel like they're latching onto the latest craze.

Anyway that was my first impression. The title Drones is really starting to grow on me. There are so many potentially interesting interpretations of the word so I hope the album will explore them rather than focus on Matt's ramblings on how the government sucks. Then again, I would love dark, convoluted, OoS style lyrics about how the government sucks. Just pls no more "Brainwashing our children to be mean".

Also this.

What kind of color scheme are you guys hoping will be incorporated with this album's cover?

To remind you all:

Showbiz was black/blue

OoS was orange/white

Abs was gray/black

BH&R was red/blue

TR was gray/rainbow

T2L was black/rainbow

I'm kind of expecting lots of darker colours, black, dark oranges and reds

I'm kind of expecting lots of darker colours, black, dark oranges and reds

Judging by Matt Mahurin's previous artwork, black and yellow seem to be the prevailing colours...

Black and yellow... That reminds me of a certain insect...

They are not recent, but i'm assuming they went back to Vancouver this year cause Matt's hair is short on the video.

It looks to me like his hair is pulled up; looks too long to be the current hair cut, but I guess it is a bit hard to tell.

My thoughts were it was an old clip, and that's why I was thinking about all the CE references earlier.

Is there really a CE sequel? Is it the single?

Has anyone ever refrained from listening to any single or news prior to the release and listening to the album in full when it comes out? I tried with the T2L but after survival and a trailer i failed miserably :LOL:

I actually wish I'd refrained from listening to Survival and Madness before the full release...

I managed to not listen to more than two of the e-work songs... that's the best I could do.

Oh, and I actually do like the title quite a bit.

It looks to me like his hair is pulled up; looks too long to be the current hair cut, but I guess it is a bit hard to tell.

My thoughts were it was an old clip, and that's why I was thinking about all the CE references earlier.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. All signs point to the first single being centered around that "psychological abuse" clip from what I can gather.

The military clip fits the concept of a "citizen erased" pretty well, actually. Mentally breaking people down and rebuilding them as part of a whole, instead of an individual.

Of course, that's not the meaning of the song, unless it's one that's got more than one meaning, or Matt was ironically bullshitting about it in interviews.

That's what i was thinking, the carpet looked like the same carpet as a photo they posted a little while back and matt's hair looks just pulled back under the headphones so i think it's definitely an older clip

It looks like lot's fo signs point towards a possible "sequel" to CE, not sure if it'll be the single tho

http://www.musewiki.org/images/2014-12-16_Background5.jpg

The glorious cave where Matt endowed us with that small offering heralding the 7-string's return.

(This is an old pic but it's fitting)

that's the photo i was trying to find earlier

also it's not really a massive type of return, it hadn't been gone that long - was used on two songs on the 2nd law. Always good to see it though

Meh, the album title is probably the least interesting part about the process. When the tracklist comes we can at least make shit up about how the songs are going to sound.

We are usually right though, not on specific details but on which songs will be the best. Both on TR and T2L seeing the tracklisting I could tell which songs were going to be my favorites even before journalist descriptions came out.

Not saying that I havent been pleasantly surprised in the other direction when one I put no interest turns out good (Follow Me).

Archived