People were very excited for the song because of the riff. We didn't exactly know what it would sound like granted but it was already mentioned it would be based off the CE live riff (which it was) but then the rest of the instruments were just underwhelming in accompaniment.

Just being purposefully cynical here to be the counter argument.

People were very excited for the song because of the riff. We didn't exactly know what it would sound like granted but it was already mentioned it would be based off the CE live riff (which it was) but then the rest of the instruments were just underwhelming in accompaniment.

Just being purposefully cynical here to be the counter argument.

I see what you mean, didn't realize you were talking about the overhype before the release.

All personal preference but I got into Muse long ago because Matt's riffs stood out. This sounds mundane. Really I shouldn't be judging this at all its not even 10 seconds. Forget I said anything.

Reserving all judgement til we hear a full song.

I'm kind of tending towards this first impression as well but Muse's stuff always seems to make sense in context. Just hope it isn't "heavy" riff for the sake of riffage. I feel like Unnatural Selection is one song that falls victim to its desire to be heavy as it ends up only ripping off New Born and Liquid State is an example of a song that doesn't do anything for me, just a riff and there's no real song built around it. Hope LP7 is full of interesting textures

Archived