Couldn't care less about the vids, personally. I don't know who really watches them these days or what they're for.

In the mainstream music videos are generally used for two purposes:

1. To advertise a product via product placement

2. To create some sort of viral sensation so that the song becomes more well-known

In the case of the Supremacy video... I have no idea what.

In the mainstream music videos are generally used for two purposes:

1. To advertise a product via product placement

2. To create some sort of viral sensation so that the song becomes more well-known

In the case of the Supremacy video... I have no idea what.

Surfboards and makeup?

New magazine cover scribbled out. Wonder how many will have been savaged before this is all over...

I don't see the new mag cover, but I assume they're just photoshopping pictures online, not digging up old mags from '06 and defacing them.

Much easier.

I still have my vote in for it being a CE reference for some reason, but "someone just thought it looked cool" is a close second.

Transcript of the new IG video from what I can hear:

Control Room: "Are you going to play the feedback?"

Matt: "Yeah we are all going to play together now"

CR: "With Chris new bass sound?"

M: "Yeah [unintelligible]"

*bass scale here*

M: "[unintelligible]"

Sounds like a song name! :)

Why would it be a CE reference?

Besides the redacted text and eyeballs, Matt claimed CE was about hating things he said being in print, because it's permanent and doesn't account for him changing his mind/beliefs ever.

The frequent appearance of that particular 7 string just got CE stuck in my head, probably.

Even the video with the strings strongly reminded me of the old vid of the strings that didn't make it into the song.

I still think the CE sequel tweet was a joke.

I did/do, as well. But it's also something Matt has made reference to after that several times to fans, in person, so who really knows, I guess.

I initially just assumed it was trolling the fanbase as he's ragged on us in the past for being obsessed with the song.

Lol that's your mistake right there. Matt's only Twitter lie was the 20th anniversary tour

That was probably true when he said it, until he forgot about it 10 seconds later or immediately changed his mind.

Anyways, you're forgetting the Tweets about putting all that old footage on YouTube. That actually disappointed me more.

Archived