A look at his portfolio and he has a really "dreary" atmosphere surrounding his works. Feels like a very different potential direction for the album art than I'd expect. Even The 2nd Law which was just images that they bought had a sense of energy to it comparable with the band's general style.

Should be interesting to see where it goes.

It's a different artistic style, but it actually reminds me of the dark kinda feel of the fan-made Animals video.

I'm just glad that they're comissioning again. T2L's artwork was honestly awful and lazy

Quite. Even though it fits the Muse aesthetic I never liked it. With The Resistance it was really fun going through the booklets and everything about T2L's art felt phoned in from the get-go in comparison.

Mahurin does some really disturbing work.

Of course, my mind always links him up with old Bush videos from the '90s and Metallica's St Anger...

Still, an interesting choice, I think.

I liked the T2L art, even if just because I learned something from it. Can't really say that about too much entertainment out there.

I also thought it was quite pretty.

Calling me out on everything! I forgot my old account.. that I never used, so I decided to make this one!

You're right, it was 2/22/13. I forgot the year :p.

Sorry, I get weirdly OCD when I drink vodka.

And I was trying to decide if you were really The Resistance, or not, and why you skipped T2L.

Drones sounds like a good name.

Third album from them that's basically one word, and it feels like it falls in line with Muse's naming sensibilities.

Here's to hoping the album has some drone in it!

Showbiz, Absolution, Drones...it's got some good company here.

I always had to get used to new album titles, and I think this sounds much better then T2L did.

Any thoughts on why they decided to make the name known like this, without an official announcement? Has it previously been like this?

Any idea if the last 2 insta clips are older clips that have only just been released?

Well on Tom Kirk's twitter he said that it needs to be mixed, mastered, packaged, and sat on, groped, listened to again...

So I'm assuming the recording process is pretty much complete, right?

Archived