None of you pointing out that the "feedback" sounds like a bee?

Maybe it's just me, but... now I'm kind of dreading a "bee song" :unsure:

I doubt that Muse would record a song where they literally made the guitar a bee buzzing. I think people are taking this bee stuff a bit far. :LOL:

There's not going to be a "bee song"... it's just feedback and viral images.

I would put money on "drones" either referencing the helicopters or the idea of loss of individuality/purpose.

The bee shit is just to get people going.

And, honestly, the mag covers are more than likely nothing more than a reference to a "military" theme to the album, or song/s, and the redacted intel you always see.

That was probably true when he said it, until he forgot about it 10 seconds later or immediately changed his mind.

Anyways, you're forgetting the Tweets about putting all that old footage on YouTube. That actually disappointed me more.

You know I think it is on YouTube, but probably private under Tom's account.

And, honestly, the mag covers are more than likely nothing more than a reference to a "military" theme to the album, or song/s, and the redacted intel you always see.

Or his love/hate relationship with NME has hit a new low. ;)

I think only one was NME, though, right?

The others were Kerrang and Rolling Stone.

I, embarrassingly, went back and read the first two articles when those photos came out. Nothing relevant, but the Kerrang one did have some sort of ironic "oh how the times have changed" moments.

I wouldn't be surprised if these scratched out album covers could hint at some different approach for this album. I.E. no press interviews because [insert statement about the press feeding you lies etc. readers are drones etc.]

Hmmm I just dont see it, the guys have a good relationship with music publications as far as one can tell looking in from the outside, they certainly dont seem to have too many bad ones. None of them are really in the public eye too much, save for Matt when he was with Kate.

Plus interviews help sell albums/tickets and musers will buy the magazine if the band is in it, everyone wins.

They would surely expect massive speculation in the build up to a new album, it comes with the territory. Not to mention the fact that video did say "album: Drones".

Transcript of the new IG video from what I can hear:

Control Room: "Are you going to play the feedback?"

Matt: "Yeah we are all going to play together now"

CR: "With Chris new bass sound?"

M: "Yeah [unintelligible]"

*bass scale here*

M: "[unintelligible]"

Sounds like a song name! :)

just listened through headphones and the unintelligible bits sound like

M: Yeah for the moment yeah

*bass scale here*

M: ?there there? then boff there yeah

I think it's just kinda meaning the bass starts the song, matt brings in some feedback and then there's a snare going "boff" to introduce the next bit

Pretty sure that bass thing is just Chris fooling around before they start playing...

Funny how seriously everyone takes everything. We are all drones. Eh? Eh... Meh.

Really though a bassline sounding like Jimmy Kane would be as out of place on this "raw" record as Panic Station was on the last one.

Archived