This is the only track I'll listen to early, until the CD is physically in my hands next week (and it's fucking killing me!). Anyway, beautiful song, gives me shivers down my spine like only Ruled By Secrecy ever could.

A subtle knife indeed.

I think the thing I love the most is that little two note figure you hear at the start, middle and end - just how ambiguous it is, how it changes character based on what's happening around it. For a fleeting moment, you can hear the soul of Phillip Glass there. I also love how it never quite resolves - not really. It just stays ambiguous until the end.

That entire bridge between the two more strongly melodic sections, where he just embellishes that figure with changes of harmony, is very Glass, yeah.

I don't see the need for lyrics. I don't see what lyrics you could put on this that would make this piece say more than it does already through nothing more than changes of harmony, tone and the repeated radio loops. If anything, it would distract from the core of the piece, which is that little struggle between the two competing emotions that never quite resolves.

That's chilling. I think it's a great closer, a very great contrast to the chaos that the rest of the album pretty much is. Simple, elegant, beautiful.

So much better than Unsustainable! It's also an excellent way to end. :)

These.

And it does have a climax. Maybe it's not over the top bombast, but that wouldn't sit right.

I absolutely love it.

This is really cool. I like that it uses radio samples instead of vocals. However, I think using that twice in a row at the end of the album is a bit of a bad idea. It also really doesn't flow well from Unsustainable. Though frankly, I feel like Unsustainable overstays its welcome and keeps ruining interesting stuff with obnoxious wub, so Isolated System would work better without Unsustainable coming first. Which is a shame, because I think it's really good as a closing track.

This is really cool. I like that it uses radio samples instead of vocals. However, I think using that twice in a row at the end of the album is a bit of a bad idea. It also really doesn't flow well from Unsustainable. Though frankly, I feel like Unsustainable overstays its welcome and keeps ruining interesting stuff with obnoxious wub, so Isolated System would work better without Unsustainable coming first. Which is a shame, because I think it's really good as a closing track.

I agree, I liked Unsustainable when I first heard it and I still do, it just ruins Isolated System, which is a much better track. Must say I also much prefer this over Exogenesis as a closing track.

Archived