Many times Matt and Dom insisted on having make these new songs in order to play them all live, so I think it will be played at least a bit

Could work as a transition between songs, seeing it's instrumental

A five minute transition though? I guess they could shorten it but it'd feel weird if they just played a little bit of it.

It's starting to sound more awesome! :D I love the beat once it kicks in, and the newsreader bits add more atmosphere to the song. The plinky piano notes remind me a wee bit of Matt's work on The International soundtrack, which I think was hugely underrated: I fecking love that score!

This would make a brilliant live opener to some politically-driven yet trippy visuals/video on big screens. Can't wait to hear how it ends!

http://connectome.muse.mu/mp3/is4.mp3

2 minutes of the song

I want to know what the voices are actually saying. Are they random news reports or reports of something in particular?

It reminds me of one of those great videos of a city waking up, starting with just the odd light in an office block window and then gradually getting busier and busier, until you get to the point where cars are racing around, and you think, what is it all about? Why do we do this to ourselves?

It's pretty simple at present but I wonder if the music will rise to a crescendo and then suddenly stop. or whether it will gradually drift away to nothing.

I want to know what the voices are actually saying. Are they random news reports or reports of something in particular?

It reminds me of one of those great videos of a city waking up, starting with just the odd light in an office block window and then gradually getting busier and busier, until you get to the point where cars are racing around, and you think, what is it all about? Why do we do this to ourselves?

It's pretty simple at present but I wonder if the music will rise to a crescendo and then suddenly stop. or whether it will gradually drift away to nothing.

Well the news reports sound like they are talking about energy and diesel and fuel and the economy so basically The 2nd Law is what it all relates back to :)

It was 50% about 30 minutes ago. They lowered the count to 6,000 from what I've heard, so it'll go faster.

Yeah. Sounds like they're bumping it, or lowered the member threshold for unlocking the parts.

Ah, ok.

It reminds me of a few experimental/shoegaze/psychedelic bands I love, but this is just an album filler. I don't really care, though, because it's good.

I don't mind if it doesn't build up to something big, you can really get the whole "cry of humanity through out the universe" vibe in it and I suppose that's what they were going for after unsustainable, I find it really fitting as a closing track. And OMG THE STRINGS!! :LOL:

Archived