704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

Get a new record player. :awesome:

:LOL: Well played.

Listened a few more times.

It just gets worse and worse. That drop is going to make for a great opener but the rest of the track is gash.

I mean, it's basically the first 1.30 done again with Matt wailing over the top. Naff.

Also, why make both Unsustainable bits exactly the same? :erm:.

Aww I thought for sure you would like it, Clunge. :(

There.

Nahhh.

Also, why make both Unsustainable bits exactly the same? :erm:.

I would assume that's because how some of the brostep is. There's the first drop, some bit of a bridge and then the second drop is a re-hash of the first. If you listen to "Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites" from Skrillex it repeats patterns.

Had to listen a few times before I could comment. It's a lot to take it.

I adored the trailer, particularly the instrumental part, so that's a good start as that's a whole half of it. I still adore it. :happy:

However, I'm not sure about the "dubstepy" noises that play with the second part. I love the continuation of the orchestral part though. Beautiful.

Matt's vocals are completely gorgeous. Biggest plus in the track :happy:

It does seem a bit choppy. It seems to move too quickly from one style to another but I think it will start to feel more coherent with more listens. The drums etc all good.

I like the choir at the end, though it is a bit short. I'm not sure it needed a repeat of the dubstep bit, but I suppose that had to be on there or there would be so little that they could actually perform live.

I think it's a powerful and emotional track and I love having the whole thing. :happy: But I am hoping that this is the only "dubstep" on the album.

That's why I don't like previews, 30s clips, trailers etc. People say that it sounds copied and pasted, but if they didn't hear it before, I imagine them thinking otherwise.

The song is great beginning for 5-minute Isolated System in my opinion. And itself, is fresh, and great. Matt vocals adds a to it.

I would assume that's because how some of the brostep is. There's the first drop, some bit of a bridge and then the second drop is a re-hash of the first. If you listen to "Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites" from Skrillex it repeats patterns.

Yeah, but why follow in the vein on one of the shittest songs ever created?

Aww I thought for sure you would like it, Clunge. :(

So did I :(.

I mean, I still like the first 1.30, I've just very very VERY disappointed by the lack of ambition they've shown with the rest of it by rehashing the first half. Like I said before, it sounds like it has been copied and pasted and the different layers are so obvious - they don't sit well at all.

Plus, it then seems like Matt's decided to mush in a few Musey trademarks like his wailing vocals which don't fit at all with the rest of the song - they sound so out of kilter.

Still really looking forward to the album though - love Survival, love the sound of Supremacy, Liquid State and Animals - sure there will be plenty for me to get my teeth into.

I think that would actually make it even more disappointing.

The only thing that's disappointing to me is that they pretty much gave the whole thing away in the trailer already. I mean, it's not brilliant, and a whole album of this would be absolutely horrible. But it's decently hilarious, actually listenable, and a gutsy move, I like it.

But it's heavy, you must love it.

Heaviness for me is a factor I appreciate a lot, and does contribute considerably to me liking a song or not, depending of course if it would fit in appropriately. I appreciate light, mellow songs just as much, if not more if they're exceptionally well done.

Earlier I actually said that heaviness so not essential for a good song. Which would be a fucking stupid opinion, obviously.

You should take your own advice there as you've been one of the primary bitchers for the past 2+ years.

Anyway, it's not worth arguing over.

So because I bitch I want heavy riffs? Why don't you stop being ignorant for a few seconds, please just a few seconds, and acknowledge that I've actually been bitching AGAINST people who demand heavy riffs. Since it's no way to judge if a song is good or not.

Still with me? Okay good.

Yeah, but why follow in the vein on one of the shittest songs ever created?

They didn't copy "We Are Young" by fun. ;):p

Anyway, didn't Dom say he went with Matt to a Skrillex show? I would guess they heard that song and just used it as a template for what they wanted to do here.

Wow. I have to say I was definitely not expecting anything else from the band before Madness.

Honestly, this probably would have been fantastic as an album opener. Putting it at the end is going to make people skip it a lot more than they would have if it naturally led into a proper song. Of course, I haven't heard Isolated System, but I expect it to be more of the same.

This is still cool though. It'll give me something else to play instead of keeping Survival on loop until Madness comes out.

Archived