Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

The fact that this sounds exactly like the cut and paste jobs that have been doing the rounds on YouTube ever since the original trailer dropped is disappointing.

I think it's alright, but the second half of the track where you've got Matt's 'ooh's and ahh's', the violin and the dubstep all going on at once sounds a bit too busy and confused, like it's made up of a patchwork of prerecorded samples. As somebody has already said, it's a lot better if you don't watch the footage.

I think what Isolated System sounds like will define Unsustainable. If this flows effectively into Isolated System, and that track is awesome, I'll like it a lot more. Otherwise, I'll stick to Apocalypse Please for my fix of doomsday mongering, symphonic rock.

I think it will be played live with some backing tracks. They've been giving the dubstep live scene very high praise in the press, and seem pretty proud of the fact they've managed to make something similar with real instruments.

Your point being?

Basically "you want heavy riffs, then you get something that is heavier than songs that aren't heavy, and still complain"

You pretty much answered for me.

People complain that the last album has hardly any heavy guitar work and hope the next album will be more crunchy. Songs from the next album get released that have heavy guitar work and people still complain.

You got what you asked for. Why bitch about it?

Anyway, you all go ahead and bitch. I'm going to enjoy the piece and the instrumentaion. Different strokes for different folks.

Listened a few more times.

It just gets worse and worse. That drop is going to make for a great opener but the rest of the track is gash.

I mean, it's basically the first 1.30 done again with Matt wailing over the top. Naff.

Also, why make both Unsustainable bits exactly the same? :erm:.

You pretty much answered for me.

People complain that the last album has hardly any heavy guitar work and hope the next album will be more crunchy. Songs from the next album get released that have heavy guitar work and people still complain.

You got what you asked for. Why bitch about it?

Anyway, you all go ahead and bitch. I'm going to enjoy the piece and the instrumentaion. Different strokes for different folks.

Because

1. The song doesn't have heavy riffs

2. Heavy riffs doesn't make a great song.

It's quite simple really.

Archived