Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

Gives me hope for the live version though.

If only Matt won't pussy out on the vocals...

If they perform it at all. I mean, Exogenesis had strings, and it never made the elite group of songs that get played every night. I would like to see this song live, but I'm wondering what are the chances

If they perform it at all. I mean, Exogenesis had strings, and it never made the elite group of songs that get played every night. I would like to see this song live, but I'm wondering what are the chances

I think it will because they want to show that they can do the dubstep part live. That's the only reason I think they'd play it really.

Why people were expecting something different from the trailer?

I think people were expecting the song to progress or go somewhere when it basically just does the same thing twice with a little bit in between. Sounds good but it could've been better in my opinion.

Why people were expecting something different from the trailer?

Because it's a bit repetitive, and I agree... But what it is even then is marvelous. A mix of nearly instrumental classical influence blending perfectly into a dupstep section played with rock instruments, that's pretty impressive as it is.

They were proud enough of the dubby part to use it twice.

They'll play it.

I pray that they won't perform it. Overall the song is okay, but I really prefer an old awesome song instead of... this.

I've heard it and I like it.

I'm almost tempted to say I love it, but I'm going to wait until I hear the whole album to make judgements like that.

I know I'm in the minorty, but I quite like the reporter voice. She sounds robotic herself which adds a creepiness to what she's saying. If I didn't know better, I would say that the song is about the machines rising up and killing the humans ("The humans are dead. We used poisonous gases and we poisoned their asses.") because the human species was unsustainable.

Also, I love the instrumentation. Matt's guitar sounds pretty much like it does when he's faffing about with it in concert and Dom's drumming is more exciting than most of his work on TR.

so all those people who stuck the string section on top of the dubstep bit all those months ago were right :LOL:

Told you. :phu:

erm, anyway… hmm…

I can listen to it over and over without getting sick of it, which is a good thing. I like most of it. I just hate how it ended.

Love everything but the last minute, felt like it fell a part a little from there and could've built up into a much better climax

At the same time, though, Unsustainable is the first part of a two-parter, right? So it makes sense if it was just building to something else, I guess.

Archived