What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Not my point! Of course a song that pleases mainstream music listeners will be picked out as a single. It doesn't mean that the band or the song is mainstream, which wasn't even my point. Yes, Muse is popular which can be seen if you look at their singles from TR. They don't stand out when you listen to them on radio. But imagine if they had released Unnatural Selection as a single.

I like mainstream music :happy: and I don't hate Muse, sigh. Sorry if I sound like I do but I assure you, I don't.

I know you don't hate Muse. :supersad: The special trick is just to enjoy the music and not to think about, which music mainstream is and which music not. :yesey:

My point is you shouldn't care about, what music mainstream listeners might enjoy.

I thought that was Follow Me not Madness? or maybe both ... I don't know.

http://www.musewiki.org/Madness_(song)

Is Musewiki reliable? :unsure:

I didn't know you could get bundles like that, this being the first album build-up I've ever followed. Do those bundles still happen? I'll definitely buy one if they're that cheap :yesey:

For Black Holes and Revelations that's what happened, apart from MotP which was digital only as it was released as a 'souvenir download' from Wembley which was a bit weird.

For TR the releases were more spurious, only two of the singles had vinyls, one black and one picture disc...UD on had a CD in Germany. It was a shame that it all went downhill then because lots of people like collecting sets of releases.

Interesting. His favorite song before this was Bliss, so this could only mean great things.

Unless of course, with :logic: , this ends up being NSC.

He said its very cathartic, and he wrote it when Kate went off after their argument- songs like that are often the best. I find songs i write straight after an emotional event are often the best. Most personal anyway.

So i have high hopes for Madness!

Interesting. His favorite song before this was Bliss, so this could only mean great things.

Unless of course, with :logic: , this ends up being NSC.

We don't know that his favorite song didn't change. Wasn't that interview where he said Bliss is his favourite song done in like 2003. I could be wrong though...

Edit: Checked musewiki and their is no source for this "Matt Bellamy has stated that Bliss is his favorite song "because it's got all these 80s arpeggios and keyboards on it which remind me of some music I heard on some children’s music programme when I was five. I think I ripped it off that. And that reminds me of when I was a bit simpler, a bit more of a pleasant state." Going to keep looking but first bathroom break.

Actually, if he only had a drum machine and synth to start writing the song, minimal-electronic doesn't mean the sound of UD but something similar to this:

Recently I love minimal-wave music. The intro could be anything similar to the minimal-wave genre with a freaking drum machine!:D I'm very hopeful!!!!!!!!

This is BAD
LOL

I wouldn't say it's bad cos it's always a matter of taste of course but the last time he said something of the sort he was talking about Undisclosed Desires lol

And then there was Invincible too in BH&R, but I'm not sure he ever called it his fave song. He definitely was v fond of it though.

Which is the third best song on that album.
It's not a song universally loved by fans though.

My point is, if people are basing their expectations (raising them, more like it) on what Matt's favorite songs are, there is going to be a lot of crushed expectations lol

Archived