What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

That's Follow Me...

Follow Me is almost entirely electronic, that's probably what you're thinking of.

Uhm, you guys do know that Muse have described Madness as pretty much all electronic, right?

And also, the RATM comparison was definitely about Unsustainable.

Too much people posting different things that I see every other day, someone apparently quoted Bellamy yesterday, now I'm being told Madness is electronic. Jeezo, maybe I should stop reading these threads again.

/waits for sarcastic reply

/checkmate

/don't be a fool now

Too much people posting different things that I see every other day, someone apparently quoted Bellamy yesterday, now I'm being told Madness is electronic. Jeezo, maybe I should stop reading these threads again.

/waits for sarcastic reply

/checkmate

/don't be a fool now

Madness has been described by the band as almost all electronic, which was something quite different for the band. "It was nice to let the instruments rest for a while" or something. It has also been described as having waaay different influences and sounds than RATM.

On the other hand, Muse talked about having a song that was like RATM+Skrillex way back. And they also said that the album only has one or two dubstep songs(Probably referring to Follow Me and Unsustainable)

He would never describe Unsustainable as being Rage like. Hell, a deaf llama would know it's not rage like.

But he did at one point. Saying how Rage took hip hop influences to rock music in the 90's the same way muse took something similar for whats popular today (dubstep and electronic stuff) into a rock song.

Madness has been described by the band as almost all electronic, which was something quite different for the band. "It was nice to let the instruments rest for a while" or something. It has also been described as having waaay different influences and sounds than RATM.

On the other hand, Muse talked about having a song that was like RATM+Skrillex way back. And they also said that the album only has one or two dubstep songs(Probably referring to Follow Me and Unsustainable)

Yet Madness has a guitar solo; way back when, during the Survival premiere, Matt said the first single from the album would start off brooding and minimal and would explode. I doubt this song is going to be "almost all electronic" as much as it will just be a clash of rock and synth, a la Take A Bow.

Yet Madness has a guitar solo; way back when, during the Survival premiere, Matt said the first single from the album would start off brooding and minimal and would explode. I doubt this song is going to be "almost all electronic" as much as it will just be a clash of rock and synth, a la Take A Bow.

Definitely first single and not first track? ie. Supremacy

Take A Bow is almost all electronic though? :erm: First two minutes of the song is basically just synths and occasionally some bass.

Then a guitar solo at the end.

Take A Bow is almost all electronic though? :erm: First two minutes of the song is basically just synths and occasionally some bass.

Then a guitar solo at the end.

If its like Take a Bow I might shit my pants. I've had such low expectations for this single. But TaB is one of their all time greats. A top 10 for sure.

I still think Supremacy will be the best song on the album, it has the best name

Agreed on both counts. And based on the description of it. If you haven't seen the interview of Chris talking about it go look it up.

If its like Take a Bow I might shit my pants. I've had such low expectations for this single. But TaB is one of their all time greats. A top 10 for sure.

Madness has pretty much been described as starting off all electronic and very stripped down, so not much going on. A lot of focus on the vocal melody which is supposed to be really catchy. Then it builds on and ends with a lot of shit going on and one of Bellamy's soliest soloz evah.

Madness has pretty much been described as starting off all electronic and very stripped down, so not much going on. A lot of focus on the vocal melody which is supposed to be really catchy. Then it builds on and ends with a lot of shit going on and one of Bellamy's soliest soloz evah.

Yeah Ive heard it all except the last bit about the solo along with journalists saying the new muse single will blow your mind. And take a bow stuck in my mind but I just can't see them releasing something like that as a single to the general public. Especially the first single. I had take a bow playing in my car once and my friend was like "wtf is this shit" :facepalm:

Don't you hate all solos?

exactly. eg

'i want it now, i want it now, give me your heart and your soul'

This lyric is lovely and powerful Muse won´t give their heart and their soul to you anymore :supersad:

Matt thinks all of Muse's songs sound like RATM.

I bet there is a bet that he has to compare all his songs to RATM, because TR was so unrorocky Chris was mad

Solid build? No cheap Asian materials this time around.
Idon´t even know why I quotze tis

Too many cheesy jokes for such an early time, I want to cry

More cheese, more fun :fear:

Archived