It's entirely possible that they were recording all of the string pieces in one session rathe than a song by song basis.

Bit late, but I am reading through the beginning of the thread:

Popey was speaking with regards to the notion of Supremacy and Unsustainable being the two songs heard in the trailer due to the proximity of their respective scores in this photo.

http://www.musewiki.org/images/Tumblr_m4ucvt9yY71qf3q3xo1_r1_1280.jpg

Coming from a recording background, I can fully attest to Popey's point. When you've hired a bunch of session musicians who each have their own commitments and schedules, it's only professionally courteous to track their parts in the shortest amount of time possible.

Put simply, they probably tracked all the strings for the album in a period of about 3-5 days and then mixed it down later, not called the musicians in for each song.

Therefore, Supremacy and Unsustainable are likely unrelated in anyway, and I doubt we even have heard a note of Supremacy.

Besides, the song in the trailer is in the same key all the way through, even the dubstep part.

Bit late, but I am reading through the beginning of the thread:

Popey was speaking with regards to the notion of Supremacy and Unsustainable being the two songs heard in the trailer due to the proximity of their respective scores in this photo.

http://www.musewiki.org/images/Tumblr_m4ucvt9yY71qf3q3xo1_r1_1280.jpg

Coming from a recording background, I can fully attest to Popey's point. When you've hired a bunch of session musicians who each have their own commitments and schedules, it's only professionally courteous to track their parts in the shortest amount of time possible.

Put simply, they probably tracked all the strings for the album in a period of about 3-5 days and then mixed it down later, not called the musicians in for each song.

Therefore, Supremacy and Unsustainable are likely unrelated in anyway, and I doubt we even have heard a note of Supremacy.

Besides, the song in the trailer is in the same key all the way through, even the dubstep part.

What? Since when that pic shows the sheet of Unsustainable?

THEN MAYBE THE ARGUMENT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE GAHARHGKASJDT

Honestly I was confused too.

Can someone remind me why the fuck we decided that Supremacy and Unsustainable might be the two tracks in the trailer?

Unsustainable for obvious reasons.

Supremacy because the "leaked" sheets in the background of the Discography section match the pic of Matt in the studio with sheets named "Supremacy", and because (in May, iirc) they were played with a software by a member of this board and sounded exactly like the symphonic part of the trailer.

That's right, *my* ignorance and failure to understand an argument that was clearly laid out and refuted is *your* fault.

I want all of you to apologize.

Sorry :$

Actually, there's plenty of people who believes the trailer features just one song, because Matt said something similar in the Zane Lowe interview. But I think he was referring to just the "dubstep" (notice the quotation marks) part because it was the one which obviously created more buzz.

Like the way they released the tracklist. :chuckle: Has anyone got a link to the original tweet with the working titles?

Like someone commented (but can't find it now) trust Muse to go with The Big Freeze when everyone else talks of global warming, though I wonder if Liquid State refers to flooding.

I think the trailer is one song. It uses The 2nd Law: Unsustainable. False connections were made because both the music for Supremacy and for Unsustainable were on display at the same time.

Like the way they released the tracklist. :chuckle: Has anyone got a link to the original tweet with the working titles?

Like someone commented (but can't find it now) trust Muse to go with The Big Freeze when everyone else talks of global warming, though I wonder if Liquid State refers to flooding.

I think the trailer is one song. It uses The 2nd Law: Unsustainable. False connections were made because both the music for Supremacy and for Unsustainable were on display at the same time.

Well, global warming is supposed to set off the ice age, or at least that's what everyone says; can't keep track of everyone's theories on it anymore :confused:

Most likely.

Well, global warming is supposed to set off the ice age, or at least that's what everyone says; can't keep track of everyone's theories on it anymore :confused:

Most likely.

Dunno. I thought global warming was melting the icecaps, hence rising water levels and flooding, which seems, to me, to be the opposite of an ice age, but I have heard something about an ice age in the far away future. Confusing.

Anyway sounds like it is going to relate to environmental concerns in some way.

The whole thing. The trailer as one track.

Oh so you think the sheets in the discography background were for Unsustainable, and that both sheets for Supremacy and Unsustainable were in the pic of Matt in studio? Okay then :p

It just sounds strange to me that Matt had sheets of two different songs in the same place in the same moment :erm:

Archived