So it's hard to make predictions based on the tracks. But let's have a go anyway :chuckle:

Mmh... In my opinion Prelude will be just strings and have a "disney" vibe to it.

Survival instead will start soft, with a Queen-ish piano, and its second half will be really heavy with riffs and falsettos. Might have choirs as well.

I'm just speculating though :)

Mmh... In my opinion Prelude will be just strings and have a "disney" vibe to it.

Survival instead will start soft, with a Queen-ish piano, and its second half will be really heavy with riffs and falsettos. Might have choirs as well.

I'm just speculating though :)

In fairness you could see that coming from a million miles away. :chuckle:

U2 are great I thought......

Bloated, boring rock dinosaurs, tbh. Muse will surely get there one day too, but at the moment Muse doesn't need U2's brand of pompousness without the good dose humour and self-awareness.

So it's hard to make predictions based on the tracks. But let's have a go anyway :chuckle:

In this thread? Alright, I'll have a think and post mine in a bit. They'll all end up being stunningly wrong when the album comes out but still :chuckle:

It was dark atmospherics from the synths, but yes it wasn't the heavy rocker we thought.

There's a few people who thought Unnatural Selection and Undisclosed Desires would be acoustic songs and Uprising would be a build-up rock song sort of like New Born.

Well remember the first preview we heard of Resistance was the "It could be wrong" part from the iTunes previews so it was definitely a contrast from my initial thoughts :LOL:

Bloated, boring rock dinosaurs, tbh. Muse will surely get there one day too, but at the moment Muse doesn't need U2's brand of pompousness without the good dose humour and self-awareness.

You wouldn't of said that about pink Floyd but they fitted into those categories. Apart from boring.

They are legends and as long as they have fans to support them I say let them continue. Also skrillix sucks, even for dub step.

You wouldn't of said that about pink Floyd but they fitted into those categories. Apart from boring.

They are legends and as long as they have fans to support them I say let them continue. Also skrillix sucks, even for dub step.

The .mu boards - On topic since never.

They are legends and as long as they have fans to support them I say let them continue.

One finds this to be worthy of mirth.

The overwhelming difference between Floyd and U2 is while they were/are both clearly self-indulgent, the former's music is full of feeling and warmth that makes your hairs stand on end whereas the latter makes you feel like a dose of ebola would be a more preferable experience.

In this thread? Alright, I'll have a think and post mine in a bit. They'll all end up being stunningly wrong when the album comes out but still :chuckle:

I had thought of re-booting the one from TR but that might be in the wrong place entirely.

It is quite hard to predict just from song titles, mind. :chuckle:

Well remember the first preview we heard of Resistance was the "It could be wrong" part from the iTunes previews so it was definitely a contrast from my initial thoughts :LOL:

Yes - I imagined this dark heavy rock sound, sort of like the verses but heavier and without a cross that took a sharp left turn into Queen. So we were all wrong on that front.

Alright, someone mentioned earlier about predictions, here's mine at the moment:

Supremacy – Large, pounding drums (similar to Apocalypse Please). Will use the choir and strings. Comes to a big climax at the end, similar to Take A Bow's. Lyrics on how the human race is supreme as we have the most resources/power and control everything etc.

Madness – More of a standard pop rock song ala SBH, Hysteria and Crying Shame. Distorted bassline and a chorus resembling Hysteria with the standard Muse song structure. Like Uprising, the lyrics talk about all this shit in the world and saying how it's all madness.

Panic Station – R&B beat like Undisclosed Desires. All round very similar to UD with some jazzy brass acting similarly to the strings in UD.

Follow Me – Acoustic or clean electric guitar. A soft, fairly slow song reminiscent of Unintended. Lyrics talking about teaching someone the ways of life and leading them through it. Chris does backing vocals.

Animals – A long song (7 mintues +). Progressing from heavy bits (about as heavy and fast as Assassin) to softer bits (although not too soft) like Citizen Erased except this ends heavily. The heaviest song on the album. Lyrics about how the human race have turned into animals/beasts.

Explorers – Starts with ambience/synth then a drum beat similar to Easily kicks in. The rest of the song sounds similar to Easily in the sense of there being softer verses without much guitar (or any) to pop rock-y choruses. Synth always present in the song. Standard Muse song structure. Lyrics about two people going out to find something.

Big Freeze – Honestly no idea. Lyrics possibly on the world coming to a stand-still? Maybe an instrumental?

Save Me – A fairly standard Muse rock song, I think. I'm getting the feeling synths will be a prominent part. Lyrics possibly from the perspective of someone wanting to be rescued from all the chaos in the world.

Liquid State – Absolutely no idea.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System – A softer, piano song with eerie vocals similar to Ruled By Secrecy. Lyrics talking about how Earth is knackered and that it’s our fault (not too dissimilar to Exogenesis, I suppose).

Alright, someone mentioned earlier about predictions, here's mine at the moment:

Supremacy – Large, pounding drums (similar to Apocalypse Please). Will use the choir and strings. Comes to a big climax at the end, similar to Take A Bow's. Lyrics on how the human race is supreme as we have the most resources/power and control everything etc.

Madness – More of a standard pop rock song ala SBH, Hysteria and Crying Shame. Distorted bassline and a chorus resembling Hysteria with the standard Muse song structure. Like Uprising, the lyrics talk about all this shit in the world and saying how it's all madness.

Panic Station – R&B beat like Undisclosed Desires. All round very similar to UD with some jazzy brass acting similarly to the strings in UD.

Follow Me – Acoustic or clean electric guitar. A soft, fairly slow song reminiscent of Unintended. Lyrics talking about teaching someone the ways of life and leading them through it. Chris does backing vocals.

Animals – A long song (7 mintues +). Progressing from heavy bits (about as heavy and fast as Assassin) to softer bits (although not too soft) like Citizen Erased except this ends heavily. The heaviest song on the album. Lyrics about how the human race have turned into animals/beasts.

Explorers – Starts with ambience/synth then a drum beat similar to Easily kicks in. The rest of the song sounds similar to Easily in the sense of there being softer verses without much guitar (or any) to pop rock-y choruses. Synth always present in the song. Standard Muse song structure. Lyrics about two people going out to find something.

Big Freeze – Honestly no idea. Lyrics possibly on the world coming to a stand-still? Maybe an instrumental?

Save Me – A fairly standard Muse rock song, I think. I'm getting the feeling synths will be a prominent part. Lyrics possibly from the perspective of someone wanting to be rescued from all the chaos in the world.

Liquid State – Absolutely no idea.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System – A softer, piano song with eerie vocals similar to Ruled By Secrecy. Lyrics talking about how Earth is knackered and that it’s our fault (not too dissimilar to Exogenesis, I suppose).

Unsustainable?

Nice tracklisting ;)

I bet Animals is about/inspired by Animal Farm by George Orwell.

Between Big Freeze and Liquid State we have Save Me...it must be a really hot track :D

I'm guessing part 1 is the strings, part 2 is the dub step?

Makes perfect sense ;)

That would explain why Matt said trailer was only one song, "The 2nd Law". Maybe it was suppose to be only one track but they thought it was too different (or too big) and they divided it in two. I can see Part 1 ending with the robot and then starts the wub wub of Part2...

What do you mean by that?

I'm not a big fan of U2 but I prefer them to skrillix, that's all.

What I meant was, if you like a band that the majority of others on this board dislike, keep it to yourself or prepare to be flamed! That's what I've learned from my time here so far anyway :LOL:

I also would prefer U2 to skrillex :ninja:

Archived