Follow Me is going to be shit.

I did think it might have a kind of 2001 A Space Odyssey reference. Incidentally Kelly objected to having the contents of her uterus projected around a stadium but maybe a celebrity actress wouldn't mind. :chuckle:

It just sounds strange to me that Matt had sheets of two different songs in the same place in the same moment :erm:

They might've been recording the strings for both songs that day? Who knows :p All I know is that I do agree with Carrie in the sense that I'm 100% sure the only song in the trailer is 'The 2nd Law: Unsustainable'.

Oh so you think the sheets in the discography background were for Unsustainable, and that both sheets for Supremacy and Unsustainable were in the pic of Matt in studio? Okay then :p

It just sounds strange to me that Matt had sheets of two different songs in the same place in the same moment :erm:

It doesn't seem strange at all. Do you always have a completely tidy desk? Also they could have set out to deliberately confuse.

Displaying the sheet music most likely deliberate, especially as I understand it was on a background as well. They didn't want us to miss that. Why would they need to give us the song title as well?

They might've been recording the strings for both songs that day? Who knows :p All I know is that I do agree with Carrie in the sense that I'm 100% sure the only song in the trailer is 'The 2nd Law: Unsustainable'.

Ok, they for sure recorded strings in the same day/week, but why having two different sheets in the same moment exactly? :LOL: doesn't seem right, if he was watching the orchestra recording Unsustainable, why having Supremacy as well on the table? :p

I guess we'll know in a month. Or even before, if that EP rumor is true (as we'll hear Supremacy)

Yay, finally some news. The titles seem pompous and ridiculous as hell, so that's good. Theme albums in general= more self-indulgent ridiculousness. So that's good too.

The one thing I saw mentioned in the general T2L thread that made a cold shiver run through my body, was the mention of possible U2 influence. I'd take Skrillex over U2 influence any day.

It's funny to think that by the end of the year these relatively meaningless words will have so much connected with them - "Why do they never play Liquid State?", "Follow Me is the shittest song Muse have ever done" etc.

Yup. I remember this stage from the time preceding TR too. :)

Why are some of them indented or is it just me?

This bothers me too. However, since Prelude+Survival are not indented or anything like that in relation one another, I guess it doesn't mean the indents need to have meaning in that sense.

I missed the part in which they force you to hear those previews.

No one forced me to order a Big Mac AND Chicken McNuggests yesterday either, but my resolution to resist temptation lasted about 3.5 seconds. If I know they exist and everyone here is talking about the previews, I'm going to cave.

Funny thing about the previews (last time around) that it took my brain a long time not always automatically identify "the preview bit" when listening to the song and view&hear the song as a whole...hard to explain but it was really annoying.

No one forced me to order a Big Mac AND Chicken McNuggests yesterday either, but my resolution to resist temptation lasted about 3.5 seconds. If I know they exist and everyone here is talking about the previews, I'm going to cave.
I wanted to go unspoiled last time but I don't think I lasted more than one or two weeks :(

I dunno, it sounds like something they would do :stunned:

If it was a tease, maybe but this is an official release of information so they aren't gonna do something stupid like that (especially as there's no point to it).

It's amusing to look back and see some of the predictions made pre-Resistance in the thread linked earlier.

Certainly I was wrong in thinking I Belong To You would be like Starlight but with sarcastic lyrics, Resistance would be a heavy rock song and there would be a song somewhere with a church organ and llama toenails solo.

The most impressive difference is that people thought Exogenesis would build from a mellow Overture to a huge-sounding heavy as fuck Redemption and if anything it was the other way round.

What has been suggested on that previously makes perfect sence, ie. string section recording all the songs at once.

Why would he have two booklets of the same song, usually the master/director booklet shows the parts of several instruments doesn't it.

Like someone commented (but can't find it now) trust Muse to go with The Big Freeze when everyone else talks of global warming, though I wonder if Liquid State refers to flooding.

The Big Freeze actually refers to the expanding universe theory, it has nothing to do with global warming.

It's amusing to look back and see some of the predictions made pre-Resistance in the thread linked earlier.

Certainly I was wrong in thinking I Belong To You would be like Starlight but with sarcastic lyrics, Resistance would be a heavy rock song and there would be a song somewhere with a church organ and llama toenails solo.

The most impressive difference is that people thought Exogenesis would build from a mellow Overture to a huge-sounding heavy as fuck Redemption and if anything it was the other way round.

I had the same feeling about Exogenesis. And for some reason I thought Resistance would be a rather dark song, and that ended up being the opposite too.

The one thing I saw mentioned in the general T2L thread that made a cold shiver run through my body, was the mention of possible U2 influence. I'd take Skrillex over U2 influence any day.

Wut? If this album would be influenced by Achtung Baby or Zooropa anyway then it would just be :eek:

I had the same feeling about Exogenesis. And for some reason I thought Resistance would be a rather dark song, and that ended up being the opposite too.

It was dark atmospherics from the synths, but yes it wasn't the heavy rocker we thought.

There's a few people who thought Unnatural Selection and Undisclosed Desires would be acoustic songs and Uprising would be a build-up rock song sort of like New Born.

So it's hard to make predictions based on the tracks. But let's have a go anyway :chuckle:

Archived