Couldn't have said it better myself.

For the record, I'm not contesting that U2's accomplisments and I do acknowledge that they are a "good" band, but there's just something about them that makes me want to kick puppies. A lot of it has to do with non-music issues too, like Bono flying around in a private plane preaching about the environment and urging people to help end poverty/greed and then charging fans $200 for concert tickets.

I wouldn't mind a Pink Floyed influence (because really, Pink Floyd is an amazing band), other than the obvious reason that Muse get labelled copy-cat artists as it is and references to yet another band that somewhat represents the same genre as them would be unfortunate.

As for Skrillex, yes, an album worth of Skrillex influence would be catastrophic, but anyone who thinks that's going to happen is an idiot. The difference between potential U2& Skrillex influence is that Skrillex is obviously going to be a curious nod to a new path whereas U2 influence would probably mean regression to a bloated, self-important direction.

Agreed, I don't like them either. I just wanted to point out that objectively, they are good. Skrillix, on the other hand,is another step in the death of music.

skrillix

skrillix

Skrillix

SKRILLEX, ffs.

Agreed, I don't like them either. I just wanted to point out that objectively, they are good. Skrillix, on the other hand,is another step in the death of music.

And no, Skrillex isn't another step towards the death of music.

Your attitude towards music is though.

Dunno. I thought global warming was melting the icecaps, hence rising water levels and flooding, which seems, to me, to be the opposite of an ice age, but I have heard something about an ice age in the far away future. Confusing.

Anyway sounds like it is going to relate to environmental concerns in some way.

Well, it is predicted by some scientists that global warming can cause an ice age. This, because the melting of the icecaps and larger amounts of precipitation provide freshwater that sinks less down after cooling, causing the Gulf Stream in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean to penetrate less far. The Gulf Stream has a warming effect, so temperature will decrease because of this development.

Or something like that. Sorry for possibly present wrong English.

Btw, if it was a concept album, wouldn't we have heard it by now? (I have no idea)

People seem to believe that concept albums per definition are better and more unique than anything else, and that the creation of one such album is an event perfectly on scale with the demolition of the Berlin Wall.

Not at all, the Resistance was the closest they've come to one so far, so yeah.

People seem to believe that concept albums per definition are better and more unique than anything else, and that the creation of one such album is an event perfectly on scale with the demolition of the Berlin Wall.

Pink Floyd - The Wall :awesome:

I really like the titles for the album, but there really isn't enough information from the titles to suggest what the song will sound like, and they are too vague to suggest what the lyrics may be about, with the exception of a few.

Overall, I am still really optimistic about the album - looking forward to hearing it :)

That wasn't my point.

It's not that I think electric music is bad, it's just I think that many people follow genres such as dub step because it's popular. Most dub step fans I know only like about four artists. Maybe I took it too far by saying that he is killing music.

Sorry I spelled skrillex wrong, I just spelled it the way I hear people pronounce it.

I never said anybody with a computer can make music, I quite like electric music.

It's not that I think electric music is bad, it's just I think that many people follow genres such as dub step because it's popular. Most dub step fans I know only like about four artists.

That's not exactly Skrillex fault...

For me, Skrillex exemplifies it.

But how is it his fault that the consumers like a certain kind of music?

And what you are describing is how the pop scene has looked since the start. It was just the same in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

But how is it his fault that the consumers like a certain kind of music?

And what you are describing is how the pop scene has looked since the start. It was just the same in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

I never said it was his fault, I said he exemplified it.

And yes, you are right in your assertion that the pop scene has looked like that from the start. I just really, don't like skrillex.

That pop scene thing is getting worse I'd say, having listened to old fashioned pop.

I never said it was his fault, I said he exemplified it.

And yes, you are right in your assertion that the pop scene has looked like that from the start. I just really, don't like skrillex.

That pop scene thing is getting worse I'd say, having listened to old fashioned pop.

So basically nothing of what you said is true, you just don't like Skrillex.

And no, the pop scene thing isn't getting worse, your taste just prefers one thing over another. Also wasn't your point about the fans of the music and not the music itself? How people only listen to a certain kind of music because it's popular and only listen to a handful of artists? Well duh, some people just like to listen to some catchy tunes every once in a while. It's not the end of the music world as we know it and there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Now stop acting like you have the answer to what sort of music people should listen to.

Archived