How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I hate the song but the last 'yes I'm gonna win' was pretty amazing, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDy7xgXMU0&feature=channel&list=UL

I'm pretty sure that everybody would spaff over this if this was the first time they heard this song.

I didn't realize it that much before, but the choir in the studio version actually is pretty annoying, it's so much better when it's not there.

Now let's hope the live versions of the other songs aren't a lot better than the studio versions with their choirs and brass and strings and blips and blobs.

Can't wait to see this live without the choir. Also it's going to be fucking amazing the first time he sings Yeah, I'm gonna win! and the crowd sings along.

Too bad they didn't pull the choir from the live version though...that still really feels like a mistake to have on the track personally.

If we get a pro-shot of a good performance I wouldn't mind though b/c that will just become the version I'll listen to all the time.

So the other thing the choir sings, apart from "So I told you", is "You were warned but didn't listen".

The booklet is strange, it says "TOLD YOU, SO I" in this order, even though it starts as "SO I TOLD YOU" :chuckle:

And it's "you were warned and didn't listen", pretty much the same yes

Archived