Muse Member Ticket Application Closes Today (Sunday)

KirkBot

GUYS PLEASE ANSWER ME.

On my confirmation email, it says "general standing". Does this mean that I'll be parterre or gallery? Cause I want to be parterre.. in first row.. :(

Theres only one part of standing - on the ground in front of the stage usually. If you find a website for your venue they should give a seating plan so it should be clear where the standing area is, or if there are more than one. (Not heard of that though, other than at Wembley when some lucky people had tickets for an inner circle).

Usually if you want to be in the first row, you will have to be there very early! Also you are likely to be a bit squished (true for all UK gigs I've attended anyway ;) )

Good luck, and don't panic! :D

GUYS PLEASE ANSWER ME.

On my confirmation email, it says "general standing". Does this mean that I'll be parterre or gallery? Cause I want to be parterre.. in first row.. :(

Parterre means standing, so don't worry ;) in order to be in the first row you'll just need to queue a lot and run very fast when the doors open :p

I really wonder why it is tickets go on sale at 9/10am anyway. Does anyone know why it's in the morning instead of, for example, 7pm?

I can sort of answer this. I work at a venue (sadly, nothing of Muse scale) and we get this crazy instant sell-out business when we have big comedians. Our tickets always go on at 10, due to staffing. We need all hands on deck manning the phones and keeping the website afloat, so they go on during normal working hours. I suspect large scale venues do the same.

I can sort of answer this. I work at a venue (sadly, nothing of Muse scale) and we get this crazy instant sell-out business when we have big comedians. Our tickets always go on at 10, due to staffing. We need all hands on deck manning the phones and keeping the website afloat, so they go on during normal working hours. I suspect large scale venues do the same.

Ah I spose that does make sense then since tickets go on sale every single day for big venues and they need to keep in working hours.

Ah I spose that does make sense then since tickets go on sale every single day for big venues and they need to keep in working hours.

It had never occurred to me until I worked here. Most of our shows are slower sells, our nutso, sold out in half an hour stuff only happens once every couple of months, so I can only imagine the chaos and staff needed in venues where there's big gigs most nights!

Can't you get tickets from Management?

Also parterre is just french for the floor.

Aaah I see. We have done in the past to be honest but I always prefer to buy and then resell (at face value obviously) in case promotional tickets aren't available for whatever reason. I wouldn't want to just assume I'll get a ticket, especially if it means I won't get to go. Besides, I know plenty of people who want to go with and need some for the 27th!

Wow, pretty nightmarish stories all around.

I guess us non-UKers should be glad that tickets don't sell as fast here.

(OK, and if you prefer seated tickets like myself, it's gotta be an easier time as well. :D)

Still hoping something can be done to fix these problems.

In 2009 it took a whole day for Muse to sell all the tickets for the Oslo gig. Today it took a few minutes. I've always thought it must be more difficult to get tickets for gigs in the UK etc, but now it seems things have changed.

Ticketmaster Norway holds your tickets for 15 minutes so you can type in card details. I now feel a little grateful for that!

Ohhhhh thanks guys :D :D Yep, that I will be there at lunch time, it was bound XD I'll exercise my breath and my legs. I was just worried that I might get the seat.I'd have thrown up I swear, I've been waiting for this moment for years and now I wanna be as close as possible

Maybe they've got more tickets to release.

I remember Wembley 2010 was similarly a pain in the arse, but they only had one date announced at the time (which I missed). Then afterwards they announced the Friday (night before) as well, and I got lucky.

Saying that in 2009, they sold both O2 dates at once and I could only get seats (which I went for).

I managed to get seats this morning but turned them down, it's such a diluted experience (fortunately in the 2009 dates, the band spent much of the time on top of those pillar things so it didn't really matter that much).

Just keep checking the main sellers every day for little bursts of tickets being released - not just the credit card refusals, but expect a random bunch sometime in August. If you're prepared to wait until the bitter end, check the day before or even the day of the gig for the last few. You often get side tickets available as well, where you're level with the stage - you don't see much of the lightshow, but get up close and personal with the band.

Just keep checking the main sellers every day for little bursts of tickets being released.

I think that's the route I'm going to be going down in hope of getting to Birmingham, lets hope more tix do get released, I was taken back by how quickly the tickets were selling out!

Just keep checking the main sellers every day for little bursts of tickets being released - not just the credit card refusals, but expect a random bunch sometime in August. If you're prepared to wait until the bitter end, check the day before or even the day of the gig for the last few. You often get side tickets available as well, where you're level with the stage - you don't see much of the lightshow, but get up close and personal with the band.

Yeah, I'll be doing that. Only thing is that I wanted four tickets because I wanted to take my brothers for the first time (if I just went looking for two in the first place, I could've probably nabbed a pair).

if you look at the main muse tour dates page, it says sold out :(

But my mum tried earlier when there were still standing tickets available but there were no seating tickets at all! I have mine and my dads in the presale :) but my sister can't go now if there is no seating she is too young :(

Yeah, I'll be doing that. Only thing is that I wanted four tickets because I wanted to take my brothers for the first time (if I just went looking for two in the first place, I could've probably nabbed a pair).

But my mum tried earlier when there were still standing tickets available but there were no seating tickets at all! I have mine and my dads in the presale :) but my sister can't go now if there is no seating she is too young :(

i think tickets will show up on musebay.. you could also ask in the glasgow gig thread for potential sellers to get in touch

This whole thing was a shambles!

I managed to get a couple of tickets but that was after being shoved back to the end of the queue twice AFTER selecting my tickets. I ultimately ended up with a seat right at the very top, far away from the stage - quite a difference to the first 2 attempts.

Still, at least I managed to get a couple of tickets unlike many other poor buggers!

I remember Wembley 2010 was similarly a pain in the arse, but they only had one date announced at the time (which I missed). Then afterwards they announced the Friday (night before) as well, and I got lucky.

I really hope they announce another gig. Too little dates in England.

The only reason I managed to get tickets to both O2 dates is because of the lottery thing, so that's the only aspect of it I appreciate - otherwise the idea and execution were crap :LOL:. The pre-sale and ticket-getting for O2 in 2009 as a whole was awful, too. I didn't manage to get a standing ticket to the second night cos they'd gone in minutes but fortunately I swapped it.

I'm gonna keep my hopes up for Musebay listings nearer to the time. I'm horribly impatient (October/November is aaages away!), but it'll be worth it. :yesey:

The only reason I managed to get tickets to both O2 dates is because of the lottery thing, so that's the only aspect of it I appreciate - otherwise the idea and execution were crap :LOL:. The pre-sale and ticket-getting for O2 in 2009 as a whole was awful, too. I didn't manage to get a standing ticket to the second night cos they'd gone in minutes but fortunately I swapped it.

I got into work yesterday and a friend, who has a mobile phone contract with O2, said: "I forgot to tell you on Wednesday, but I had a code sent to me for Muse pre-sale tickets. Are you interested?"

:facepalm:

Manchester seated tickets currently available at Aloud.com - Block 210 plus restricted view ones.

Archived