Piano vs Guitar

Nipso

Do you prefer the guitar or piano version of these songs?  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the guitar or piano version of these songs?

• Sunburn – Guitar
    • Sunburn – Piano
    • Cave – Guitar
    • Cave – Piano
    • Space Dementia Outro – Guitar
    • Space Dementia Outro – Piano
    • Screenager – Guitar
    • Screenager – Piano
    • Soldier's Poem – Guitar
    • Soldier's Poem – Piano

As you all know, there are some songs Muse play that have a guitar and piano version live. I'm trying to set up this poll so that you can vote on each one individually.

Which version of each song do you think is best?

For me:

Sunburn – piano (except when Matt's on guitar and Morgan's on piano).

Cave – guitar

Screenager – guitar

Space Dementia (outro) – guitar

Soldier's poem – piano

I've probably missed out a few songs 'cause I thought there would be more when I first started this thread, but there ya go.

So it's more a question of who's playing than what's being played?

Well no, ideally I'd like them both to be played because when they did it in 2006 it was brilliant. If I had to choose one though, it'd be piano.

sunburn - piano

cave - piano

screenager - piano

space dementia - PIANO

soldier's poem - guitar

yep, i'm a pianist :LOL: but it's not just that. I generally love Muse songs with piano more than the others. it somehow makes it more unique for me. and the way Matt plays the piano... that's one of the reasons I'm a Muse fan(-atic)

It's interesting to see how many people prefer Space Dementia's outro on piano...personally I think it packs way more of a punch when it's played on guitar - and when played on guitar it means Matt can let it feedback when the song's finished (which is just perfect IMO).

It's interesting to see how many people prefer Space Dementia's outro on piano...personally I think it packs way more of a punch when it's played on guitar - and when played on guitar it means Matt can let it feedback when the song's finished (which is just perfect IMO).

They've only really done the full song with a guitar outro twice. And unless you were there the videos don't look too epic compared to the older performances on piano.

Sunburn = Matt on guitar, Morgan on piano.

Cave = Same as above.

Space Dementia = (Edit) The guitar ending's really simple. Morgan should play it while Matt wanks on piano.

Screenager = Much more powerful on guitar.

Soldier's Poem = Guitar and piano should be playing together.

The old piano endings are insanity. Absolutely immense.

Archived