http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiAhn2cEDmo

this is my band's cover of Feeling Good at our sixth form revue, its pretty rockin' but the video is only like 240p so it looks a little crappy

(we're called Fade To Black because the singer is black, i'm kind of brown and the other two dudes are pretty pale)

also the lights go out halfway through because the lighting wasn't working properly...

Edited by SpecialAgentKit

I posted this in my love boat, but i re covered Panic Station with my tele, and after watching my footage of the song live i learnt a lot about how Matt plays it haha

That playing's fairly spot on. Try using all 4 fingers in the riff though. The solo was a little rusty, and when you put vibrato on those high notes at the end of the solo, try not to shake your whole hand, just the one finger (or however many if you're anchoring the notes) also I find using my third finger is best for slides and high sustained notes usually.

Honestly though... The tone is really crap... sorry! :( And I find your singing and dancing unbelievably annoying :p I think overall the previous cover was a little better!

That playing's fairly spot on. Try using all 4 fingers in the riff though. The solo was a little rusty, and when you put vibrato on those high notes at the end of the solo, try not to shake your whole hand, just the one finger (or however many if you're anchoring the notes) also I find using my third finger is best for slides and high sustained notes usually.

Honestly though... The tone is really crap... sorry! :( And I find your singing and dancing unbelievably annoying :p I think overall the previous cover was a little better!

fair comments. Yeah i'm not the best techincally as im self taught, but in my covers i always mime along with the lyrics and dance because it makes them a bit more interesting than people just sat there with their guitars. With the tone, i don't know what happened there- it sounded fine in my room, i guess when i compressed the file or something it changed the sound.

:happy:

fair comments. Yeah i'm not the best techincally as im self taught, but in my covers i always mime along with the lyrics and dance because it makes them a bit more interesting than people just sat there with their guitars. With the tone, i don't know what happened there- it sounded fine in my room, i guess when i compressed the file or something it changed the sound.

:happy:

Yeah, when it comes to compression - less is more. You can kill a good recording with over-processing. EQ tweaks like killing the 59-61Hz signal in the master and slightly scooping the 125-250Hz range with the vocal track (as well as the 3000Hz range in any delay) are a few things that work way better than compression.Save compression for levelling drums and bass.

And yeah, good effort. Just practice more. :-)

Yeah, when it comes to compression - less is more. You can kill a good recording with over-processing. EQ tweaks like killing the 59-61Hz signal in the master and slightly scooping the 125-250Hz range with the vocal track (as well as the 3000Hz range in any delay) are a few things that work way better than compression.Save compression for levelling drums and bass.

And yeah, good effort. Just practice more. :-)

I think they were talking about the video file

That was really good. But there's quite a hefty backing track there, amirite? Couldn't tell which bits were being played and which bits weren't :LOL:

Unless it's all you in which case I apologise

;) Only the orchestral parts and the womans voice is a backing track... All other parts are played. Guitar, Bass, Drums and Vocals were live! The robot voice was recreated and played by midi triggered keys. The guitar effect is a midi controlled pitch shift (Whammy), but live of course. :-)