Jamie, you've been playing for longer than that :p

;) Only the orchestral parts and the womans voice is a backing track... All other parts are played. Guitar, Bass, Drums and Vocals were live! The robot voice was recreated and played by midi triggered keys. The guitar effect is a midi controlled pitch shift (Whammy), but live of course. :-)

Then it's fucking brilliant, congrats :LOL:

What are you using for the fuzz?

And screw boobs, I see a flag from The Wall

Basically, the tone - 2 channels: one of them is bass to big muff DI'd into a guitar rig bass amp. the other is the clean signal (i say clean but it's through the big muff) DI'd into a plain channel together... it sounded completely different with both channels isolated though!

The Wall's still Floyd's worst album :phu:

Basically, the tone - 2 channels: one of them is bass to big muff DI'd into a guitar rig bass amp. the other is the clean signal (i say clean but it's through the big muff) DI'd into a plain channel together... it sounded completely different with both channels isolated though!

The Wall's still Floyd's worst album :phu:

You may want to turn the sustain down or perhaps the tone up on the muff, it seems a bit low-end heavy to me.

The Wall may be their worst album, but its their best movie

there are .jpgs of the Midi track in the description of this video :-) We do it with Cubase but it works with every DAW and pitch shift effects!

amazing

which whammy are you using? the DT?

i tried that pattern in logic, and i'm not sure if it's possible to do that with the other ones. i know matt recorded it with the DT

but then again, i'm probably doing something wrong :facepalm:

Rusty Hysteria Bass Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EACPS8wmFXo

Been playing for 5 days so be nice!

It was really a tone test and to ask Matthijs for technique advice.

And I know I fucked up the end :facepalm:

WITH ADDED BEWBS

AWESOME

amazing

which whammy are you using? the DT?

i tried that pattern in logic, and i'm not sure if it's possible to do that with the other ones. i know matt recorded it with the DT

but then again, i'm probably doing something wrong :facepalm:

AWESOME

We do it with the internal pitch shift effect of the Line6 POD HD500! Tried it with the Whammy IV, which also worked -- but not so fine..^^

Look at the manual of your pitch shift effect.. You have to choose the right midi channel and CC! (For Whammy 4 its Midi Channel 3 and CC11 (Expression)

Furthermore you have to set the guitar tone 2 octaves down... and play it like in the tabs of the video!

:chuckle: I know what that was about

You clearly know something that I don't :pope: It was just there were posts in the moderation queue that weren't approved, which I think was the reason

We do it with the internal pitch shift effect of the Line6 POD HD500! Tried it with the Whammy IV, which also worked -- but not so fine..^^

Look at the manual of your pitch shift effect.. You have to choose the right midi channel and CC! (For Whammy 4 its Midi Channel 3 and CC11 (Expression)

Furthermore you have to set the guitar tone 2 octaves down... and play it like in the tabs of the video!

Oh right

Well I know how to control the whammy by MIDI, but it's just the 2 octaves down bit that I'm not getting.

I'll mess around with it a bit more. There are probably many different ways to do it