Even if Chris took over, the songs will likely change drastically from what was originally written especially if they play it and Matt doesn't like it.

There's also the democracy factor they use when recording.. unless of course Dom is absolutely in love with what Chris writes in which case Matt's screwed; possibly us as well.

I don't believe the report though; what makes Muse sound so good is blend of Romantic Classical, Sci-fi, obscure music and Rage Against the Machine.

Well, Hoodoo was amazing but that was still co-wrote. It'd be nice to have Chris take over some of the roles, maybe see him write a couple of his own songs but I HIGHLY doubt that he'd become the primary songwriter. That's a lot to take on and a big risk in the place they are right now :LOL:

What everyone else said, though I'd love to hear what Chris writes. I doubt it'll happen that way, though. Maybe one or two tracks but not an entire album.

I agree, I think he's going to write a few songs on the new album, but definitely not all of them.

We know it's not true, of course, because of previous reports suggesting Matt had already started stringing some chords together.

But it would be fantastic to see Chris get more involved, here's hoping he brings the :\mm/:.

Chris pretty much wrote all of easily didnt he? Should be interesting :)

Really? I absolutely hate that song :(

I have mixing feelings about this, it would be nice to see what Chris can do (not another Easily, please), but on the other hand I though all this "we are moving to London" meant they were going to work together on the composition of the songs.

How do you guys know Chris wrote Easily?

And I'm not sure if he's talking about writing the music, the lyrics, or both. It could be that he's making the instrumental parts and Matt will add the lyrics afterwards, like The Strokes did on the last album.

I think it's important to remember that Chris can play the drums, guitar and bass! So he's probably going to write songs from a guitar perspective, rather than a piano perspective. This could be interesting :D

Chris writing the instrumental music could be our only hope of getting a proper rock album, instead of a bunch of corny love songs and pop tunes.

(I'm sorry, while I'm happy for Matt being happy, a happy Matt writes shit music).

Archived