Loving the evolution of this news:

"Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme wants to write songs for the band's sixth studio album."

"Chris Wolstenholme will pen the band's tracks while the frontman takes a break from rock to be with his actress fiancé Kate Hudson"

"Muse's Matt Bellamy Steps Down As Lead Songwriter For Kate Hudson"

"Muse start work on new album without Matt Bellamy"

:LOL:

I like it, could end up bringing some fresh angle to their music, about the rock thing. Chris fav tracks from BH&R is Soldier's Poem right? And from TR I Belong to You if I remember correctly

If there's anyone who can save this once respectable rock band, it's chris and his many muffs.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Love that sentence.

That Digitech Bass Whammy is real, but I don't think Chris has ever used it.

Edit: the guy who posted it deleted his post. :)

I didn't know he has a bass whammy?

No, he doesn't, that's what I meant. Someone below you posted a pic of a bass whammy and asked if it was real. I said it did exist, but Chris doesn't use it.

I think that Chris means he'll probably be much much more involved and will bring stuff in on his own (unlike with The Resistance, when he was very much addicted to booze and recorded only when he had to).... I don't believe the stuff that the Sun put in though, like the bit where Matt passes "the torch" or whatever to Chris.

Also, I think that while Matt might had in the past brought in the basis of the songs, both Chris and Dom have said that they change it. Perhaps this time, it will be Chris' turn.

Whereas sad Matt writes pearls such as NSC.

:chuckle:

At the end of the day, I've faith in them. They're all great musicians and I take everything they say in the period with a big grain of salt. Will believe it when I hear the record, that's all I'm going to say.

Archived