http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3609731/Chris-Wolstenholme-to-write-future-Muse-records.html

MUSE singer MATT BELLAMY has passed songwriting duties over to his bandmate.

Bassist CHRIS WOLSTENHOLME will pen the band's tracks while the frontman takes a break from rock to be with his actress fiancé KATE HUDSON, who is expecting their first child in July.

But Chris isn't hugely confident of living up to Matt's standards.

He said: "Matt's raised the bar quite high in terms of songwriting. I'm a bit nervous because I don't want to write a song and it be responsible for the demise of the band."

No pressure then.

I REALLY don't like the sound of this (if it's true and not just The Sun exaggerating)

Matt has been the song-writing genius behind Muse from day 1. He can't just expect Chris to take over and for all to be fine. I expect the situation is a bit more complex than The Sun is making it out to be.

Matt wouldn't be able to resist taking over and changing what Chris had written until it's unrecognisable :LOL:

Yes. :LOL: Though, if Chris does end up writing a few songs, it'll still be something a bit different, even if Matt ends up changing it drastically. A fresh perspective and all that.

Like others have said, I bet they're just stretching the truth :p But I think it makes sense that Matt might share the songwriting duties on the next album. It would be very cool to see what Chris would write, so I'd enjoy a few tracks penned by Mr. Wolstenholme on album 6 :D

I'm with you all that I don't believe this is 100% accurate.

However, it would be cool if some songs on the next album weren't credited to M. Bellamy. Personally, I'd like to see some songs be credited as penned by Muse, but C. Wolstenholme and/or D. Howard would be a step in that direction.

Chris only said "write a song" so I'm sure that's all it's going to be. I'm so excited to hear what he comes up with!

I'm wondering if this could be his chance to also sing lead vocals? As long as it's only one song, that would be interesting to hear.

Archived