The last sentence just read as if it was directed at Caff and personally, I think everyone's entitled to bitch and moan as much as they want. I think both camps, those who praise Muse's every action and those who constantly bemoan them are as guilty as each other of being prickish, frankly :LOL:.

Fair dos anyhoo; comment withdrawn :).

Carry on then ;)

Oh, thats rich!!!! Chris could sing, play guitar, and bass and stand in for drums when needed as well. Then Morgan can do everything else! :LOL:

And what about poor Dom?

Nah, Matt is not leaving the band, look what I found: "Despite not being present in studio, Wilstenholme has let it be known that Bellamy is working on new Muse material on his own from home." :awesome:

http://www.newsquod.com/642593/matt-bellamy-not-present-as-muse-begins-to-work-on-new-album/

And what about poor Dom?

Nah, Matt is not leaving the band, look what I found: "Despite not being present in studio, Wilstenholme has let it be known that Bellamy is working on new Muse material on his own from home." :awesome:

http://www.newsquod.com/642593/matt-bellamy-not-present-as-muse-begins-to-work-on-new-album/

Omg, the twitter feed at the end of that article, the amount of tweets about it :LOL: There's like a new one every second

I dedicate this to Caff :') found on those tweets

ProblematiqueD and whats that news about #Muse starting a new album withOUT Matt Bellamy???? are they fuckin kiddin me! HES FREAKIN MUSE :@ #excusemyfrench

Woooow... if this is true, it sounds amazing! Mostly cos Chris can get a bit of the spotlight for once :p.

Buuut, I'm not sure he can match Matt's now famous conspiracy/politically driven lyrics and thematic style of songwriting. It's very personal, after all, so it might alter the way Muse sounds altogether.

We've all been used to Muse songs pretty much reflecting Matt's stance on things - they're heavily steeped in his perspective and outlook, in lyrics and musical influences, so to get Chris's take will be entirely different. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad at the moment, but one thing's for certain - it will be a HUUUUGE shift from anything we've ever heard from them.

Have Dom or Chris ever had the opportunity to pen any one song without Matt's influence? No. I'm not saying Matt won't have any role in the songs, but if this is to be believed, it'll be the first time he'll play a peripheral role in the crucial songwriting stage. Kinda exciting and kinda unnerving... I've never been a big fan of major changes, lol.

On the other hand, we know Chris's love of Nirvana and he seems to be more influenced by heavier rock, so this could actually be a heavier album rather than the 'softer' side we've been led to think the next album will be. It's all a bit confusing cos you can't trust what the papers or even Muse themselves say, haha! This has the potential to either be their best or worst album by the mixed news we've been getting, :LOL:!

EDIT: Looks like I missed all the typical beef :rolleyes: lolmusers!

Woooow... if this is true, it sounds amazing! Mostly cos Chris can get a bit of the spotlight for once :p.

Buuut, I'm not sure he can match Matt's now famous conspiracy/politically driven lyrics and thematic style of songwriting. It's very personal, after all, so it might alter the way Muse sounds altogether.

We've all been used to Muse songs pretty much reflecting Matt's stance on things - they're heavily steeped in his perspective and outlook, in lyrics and musical influences, so to get Chris's take will be entirely different. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad at the moment, but one thing's for certain - it will be a HUUUUGE shift from anything we've ever heard from them.

Have Dom or Chris ever had the opportunity to pen any one song without Matt's influence? No. I'm not saying Matt won't have any role in the songs, but if this is to be believed, it'll be the first time he'll play a peripheral role in the crucial songwriting stage. Kinda exciting and kinda unnerving... I've never been a big fan of major changes, lol.

On the other hand, we know Chris's love of Nirvana and he seems to be more influenced by heavier rock, so this could actually be a heavier album rather than the 'softer' side we've been led to think the next album will be. It's all a bit confusing cos you can't trust what the papers or even Muse themselves say, haha! This has the potential to either be their best or worst album by the mixed news we've been getting, :LOL:!

EDIT: Looks like I missed all the typical beef :rolleyes: lolmusers!

Um I think we can believe Chris tweeting that it's complete bollocks.

Lol at the knee-jerk articles and comment :chuckle: Oh well, can always trust the Muse board to be level-headed and mature abou... Oh. :p

Obviously now we know it's all bollocks, but I have to say the idea of even just one song written by Chris sounds awesome :D Pretty much all of my favourites feature awesome basslines (Futurism, Fury, Hysteria etc.) so I'd like to think a Chris-written song would be along those lines

Lol at the knee-jerk articles and comment :chuckle: Oh well, can always trust the Muse board to be level-headed and mature abou... Oh. :p

Obviously now we know it's all bollocks, but I have to say the idea of even just one song written by Chris sounds awesome :D Pretty much all of my favourites feature awesome basslines (Futurism, Fury, Hysteria etc.) so I'd like to think a Chris-written song would be along those lines

I imagine if Chris did end up writing one it'd be a relatively simple song with one fat bassline and drums

Why oh why didn't they turn the Osaka jam into a song

I imagine if Chris did end up writing one it'd be a relatively simple song with one fat bassline and drums

They really should have done, it would be beautiful.

He's on twitter. Let's tell him to!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the bass lines were written by Matt, too.

Um I think we can believe Chris tweeting that it's complete bollocks.

Um, chill out, I hadn't seen his comment yet.

Glad Chris has cleared up the confusion. I think it would be cool if he was to write or sing lead in a song, even a B-side, one day. But I think if they ever decided to shift the 'lead' duties from Matt altogether or even for an album in future, it wouldn't sit well with fans - for me, Matt's been the driving force of the band's music and its overall style, so it would be changing what Muse is about. I'm in no way opposed to having them experiment, and it's not about favouring Matt (although it prob is for some :p), I just think there are other ways of getting more of Dom and Chris's involvement and not changing things hugely.

Oh, and lol at The Sun!

• 5 months later...

My wanky media m8 who delegated the interviewing of the the band at one point b4 a Radio One show in Dundee to his co-worker (he was the editor of The Skinny in Glasgow) tried telling me that Chris was responsible for many of the lyrics on previous albums...

I thot he was being wanky and told him so but maybe there's a kernal of truth. Who knows? Not I at any rate...

I tell a lie... he got me an autograph at that gig but the wankity comments came about b4 a show in Edinburgh stadium gig during the Festival when they were supported by that Emo band wassthename... Anyway, support were crap but Muse rocked and I took more charlie that day than ever b4 in a seedy hotel room. Gd times.

Archived