The impression I have is that Matt has always written softer, melodious songs. It doesn't mean they end up being on the album. It also doesn't mean that it would automatically be bad if they did. Also I seem to remember Dom saying at the NME awards that he liked the sound of the chords Matt had played him at that point. This is just a few off the cuff remarks. Just take it as it comes.

Depends on how it's done. I'm sure we'll all enjoy an album full of songs that sound like With Arms Wide Open, or It's Been Awhile, or Wherever You Will Go...

It'd be nice if Muse did a cohesive album of proper rock, but it's not likely. As long as they make an album that doesn't suck I'll be happy.

Never hears any of those songs so can't comment.

What's proper rock then?

Never hears any of those songs so can't comment.

What's proper rock then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RZXaoaK8NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAP9AF6DCu4

Well I'd prefer Muse to do more songs along the lines of Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies And Hurricanes etc. Something really heavy but also melodic. I think Muse have veered too far away from what they used to do so well into territory where they're putting out substandard songs.

Muse going soft???

I'm just gonna leave this here...

To be honest a mixture of soft-rock, hardcore-rave and say BH&R + TR rock soundings would make a pretty sweet album.

I'm hoping Rich Costey will produce again, he always sort of knows how to make a song/album sound better.

Muse going soft???

I'm just gonna leave this here...

To be honest a mixture of soft-rock, hardcore-rave and say BH&R + TR rock soundings would make a pretty sweet album.

I'm hoping Rich Costey will produce again, he always sort of knows how to make a song/album sound better.

Why haven't I seen that interview before? Really liked it for some reason, maybe I'm just glad to hear Matt talk about the actual music again. :happy:

Oh dear God, no. Costey unbelievably fucked up both Black Holes and H.A.A.R.P. He shouldn't get within spitting distance of Muse during production.

I really wouldn't worry about these comments too much. I remember some of the comments being thrown about before the release of Black Holes and The Resistance, and 95% of it was complete bullshit. :LOL:

Oh dear God, no. Costey unbelievably fucked up both Black Holes and H.A.A.R.P. He shouldn't get within spitting distance of Muse during production.

I really wouldn't worry about these comments too much. I remember some of the comments being thrown about before the release of Black Holes and The Resistance, and 95% of it was complete bullshit. :LOL:

Yeah, put Costey in a fucking cabinet and lock him there. He mutilated Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations (imo, of course) and made them much less powerful albums than they should have been.

And this thread is fucking :LOL:, talk about overreacting. I personally think that soft is a direction that I'd love Muse to approach as some of their softer tunes (Redemption, Ruled by Secrecy, part of Hoodoo) are their best, by far. Let's just wait and see what happens

I'd like Muse to work with Steve Albini for many reasons...mainly in that he knows how to lay down rock on record. He prefers analogue over digital and that generally gives a better sound to an album, feels less cold and mechanical.

:LOL:

Do you even know what you are talking about?

"Never made it as a wise man, couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing, tired of living like a blind man...."

£10 on the opening line.

Never made it as a wise man, couldn't cut it as a singer either...

I refuse to believe anything Matt says. Chris and Dom say they're going to make the album heavy. So, as of right now, I'm expecting a heavy album. :rolleyes:

:awesome:!

HEAVY AS A REALLY HEAVY THING is the only place it's at.

also lol.

Archived