who said dad rock :LOL:

i hope it's not really 'soft rock' - sounds bloody terrible already - but if they (and by 'they' Matt i'm talking to you) don't do cheesy soft rock, there may be some hope.

that hope is that my definition of 'soft rock' isn't theirs!

Perhaps Muse are going to turn into Creed...

Exogenesis, you have three there :p not sure why can't I choose songs from OoS or before but anyway, three examples: Hoodoo, Glorious (is not what I would call a heavy song), and Ruled By Secrecy.

I'd say Hoodoo is fairly heavy, but yeah, they're good I suppose. However, as Frakkles pointed out, Exo is basically a rehash of older Muse songs, all three of wich are better than the Exo versions. I see your point though. :)

...What?

So they have always written soft songs, but they have matured and can't write about the same things anymore.

And also, rock=immature?

could you imagine Matt writing another megalomania song, at this moment? of course not.

SB and OOS, are their more dark albums, and it was when Matt had not yet met gaia, when he met her, he start to writing about love. the songwrites composed depending on their mood. is not the same write a song with 22 yeards old that with 32 years old. so get ready for a new stuff.! :D

could you imagine Matt writing another megalomania song, at this moment? of course not.

SB and OOS, are their more dark albums, and it was when Matt had not yet met gaia, when he met her, he start to writing about love. the songwrites composed depending on their mood. is not the same write a song with 22 yeards old that with 32 years old. so get ready for a new stuff.! :D

You make no sense whatsoever. You still haven't explained why maturity means you can't write rock. Muse have loads of rock songs about love too.

I think they're trying to balance things out after we got excited about full OoS.

Fans are happy = time to take them down a notch.

They are a continual kick in the taco.

I was wondering when you'd get here. :LOL:

I can't help myself.

Hah!

You make no sense whatsoever. You still haven't explained why maturity means you can't write rock. Muse have loads of rock songs about love too.

I'd say maturity and being mellow means you can't write GOOD rock. The best rock is written by angry and possibly slightly deranged people, which is why the Manics went a bit shit after Richey disappeared.

Rock songs about love are generally shit.

Archived