Thanks for posting that. I guess you really can't believe anything Matt pulls out of his ass during interviews. He changes his mind like a girl changes clothes. :rolleyes:

You can't trust any of them, really: Dom "we are going to play Citizen Erased, if we don't, they will kill us" or all the bullshit he said before The Resistance release. And don't get me started with Chris and his "there will be a one hour documentary on HAARP DVD"... pfffffff

The rapture couldnt come soon enough!

:chuckle:

seriously though.........I think that this interview didn't make their plan for the new album any clearer. It's still all speculation, or matt wanting to scare the living shit out of the fans :rolleyes:

Lol, why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist over this?

All of this is simply speculation. We know better than to take their word on upcoming releases cos they're always saying something that ends up being bullshit. That's mostly Matt, but they've all been guilty of it.

Remember when Matt wanted to their next one after BH&R to be 'dancier' and then after TR he wanted to incorporate 'rave' or write a lullaby? Even the '15-minute space rock solo' didn't end up being what they implied it would be (it's not even an actual symphony, lol!)

Add to that the fact that no two Muse albums have ever been entirely the same in that they veer off in a slightly different musical direction each time, so we shouldn't expect or wish for an album that'll be OoS 2 (although that's something I'd love, I know it'll never happen cos they're not in that lost mid-teen angst phase anymore).

As to the soft v rock arguement - they've had soft songs since day one, but the way they sound has changed. I'd never compare Ruled By Secrecy to, say, Undisclosed Desires, cos they're totally different in sound. But they're both 'soft' in their own ways.

A good band has a balance of both, but it all depends how they're feeling when they create their next record. I doubt it'll be heaving with heavy riffs, but as I say, it's difficult to tell with Muse cos they like to 'reinvent' the wheel a lot (for better or worse is a judgment call :p).

I'll stop ranting now...

Taken from today's Sun.

The next album by the band may be inspired by Matt having a baby with actress fiancée Kate Hudson. The singer explained "I'm hoping to be inspired by upcoming events, I'm sure that will have a massive impact on the next Muse record."

Fun fun!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oh dear.

I don't know what you're trying to imply but the definition of a symphony is a musical composition in three movements or more written for an orchestra.

Try google 'definition symphony'.

Whether you or me want to see it as an 'actual' symphony or not is quite irrelevant.

Banterer happy to say I'm excited :happy:

You can't really get rock that's much softer than The Resistance was.... This worries me.

129209619067142367.jpg

I just really hope the whole lullaby thing is a joke. Why should Matt put something like that on his band's album for his fans?

Fans might be parents? D: Homg. To think of the day!

Why does it matter. People evolve, they're allowed to do things that are different, even if the old faithful fans don't like what they're doing. WHO CARES?

I understand people wanting more rock songs like US and MKU, but a second OoS? Muse aren't brooding, angsty 20 year olds anymore. They can't just go back to that mindset.

As much as I want to hate this and deny it, there is truth in this. You grow up through time. Not speaking for the band, but I am certain they don't have that young angst anymore..

Totally i agree, i hope some people, can see this. :rolleyes:

Totally i agree, i hope some people, can see this. :rolleyes:

The difference between the points of the people you are quoting and your own are that you seem to think that Muse can't do rock because they are mature.

Archived