The fans comment was separate to the rest of that post.

Second post was in response to "nitty gritty details", which in my mind would be the engineering side of things. I don't think playing a piano instead of a guitar is a nitty gritty detail.

Screwdriver, I haven't been saying find EVERYTHING out, so please stop with that nonsense. I know you're rubbish at reading my posts though.

I haven't had to try to make her look stupid, one minute she was interested in where Muse had used electric pianos, how suddenly instrumentation doesn't matter shit...

No it wasn't. I was pissed off that you put "fans" in inverted commas, which is where the arrogant/elitist part of the argument stemmed from, which you haven't understood.

Screwdriver clearly understands that while I've tried to keep my argument rational and explain why I don't think exploring everything about instrumentation matters, you've just tried to make me look 'ignorant'. And failed. I didn't say I was interested in where Muse had used electric pianos. I said the article bit I found was an interesting read. Is that a crime? No one else nit-picked that little detail, but to you it's practically life or death.

I've given up explaining, so I don't know why you're still being defensive to everyone's posts. I know my own intentions and are comfortable with them. The fact that you're constantly having to explain to other people what you meant implies that you're not.

Clearly you have never seen one of OpenMinded's posts :p

:LOL:

In terms of the argument, I agree with Humphrey, because nowadays I'm also one of the people who knows all about the equipment and everything that Muse (thankyou Musewiki) and other bands I like use, although to be honest, I wasn't really aware of the use of the Wurlitzer so much. However, just because I'm interested in it doesn't mean other people are, and they might just want to take the music at face value, as I used to do. It's just down to the individual, and there's no real cause for argument. I mean, opinions are like arseholes; everybody's got one.

:facepalm:

hyper_chondriac_muser is doing nothing except trying to justify his own ignorance and dare to suggest a massive passion and love for music and a constant desire to discover more and learn more is snobbery purely for elitists.

No it isn't. At all. All it is is loving the music for what it is, not analyzing it. It's like loving a certain kind of food. Does it now make you a 1337 snoob to not care to know what exactly it's made of? Some people don't want to know how the music is made, because then it automatically doesn't seem as special if they're not musical people analyzing it. IT'S NOT A DAMN HARD CONCEPT. :rolleyes:

And now, instead of arguing with my general point, you're probably going to nitpick at holes in my argument.

Okay, I read most of this argument. I think there was a misunderstanding between the two towards the beginning.

Hyper_Chondriac_Muser is basically saying that you can appreciate music without knowing what makes what noise and think "Oh, that sounds cool! I hope they do that again!" and love the song.

Humphrey is basically saying that some people (in this case, the "normal" ones - I know they never said this) would want to figure out a bit more about the song and figure out WHAT made that noise.

I understand both of these because I used to be more with Hyper's example before I played guitar. I loved music, thought it sounded amazing, had dial-up internet, and as long as it sounded good and liked the music, I didn't care what made the noise.

Now that I play music, I like to try to recreate the sounds, but I don't mind to just sit back and listen numbly every now and then.

Either way, no one's wrong, this is just, as said before, different levels of curiosity and obsession. There's no ignorance, stupidity, nothing, just some misunderstanding.

Can we stop the argument now?

I must admit' date=' I do enjoy reading Humphrey's 'debates'[/quote']

+5 :) but the discussion between the two is getting nowhere, I agree to let it rest with Foozles' post.

No it isn't. At all. All it is is loving the music for what it is, not analyzing it. It's like loving a certain kind of food. Does it now make you a 1337 snoob to not care to know what exactly it's made of? Some people don't want to know how the music is made, because then it automatically doesn't seem as special if they're not musical people analyzing it. IT'S NOT A DAMN HARD CONCEPT. :rolleyes:

And now, instead of arguing with my general point, you're probably going to nitpick at holes in my argument.

But this post is :facepalm: Can't you see it from the both, including the opposite view, like Foozles' post above? I think this is the problem.

Morgan playing the intro is really quite minor, compared to the massive drop in tempo after the first riff, which just sucks the life out of the song.

Part of me is secretly hoping they'll speed up their songs during Reading/Leeds.

:facepalm:

You are well and truly talking out of your arse. It's not some high & mighty pedestal of mine, I just find that lack of curiosity about something that someone has "built an emotional attachment to" strange as well as not wanting to experience it in as great a way as possible.

Surely if someone is interested or even loves something, they'll want to know as much about it as possible?

But please refrained from posting if you're going to us phrases such as "lesser beings", it's just pathetic and to say the emotional side of it is not important to me is equally as insulting.

Knowing the cameras used in a film is much like knowing what microphones are used in a recording, the instruments are the characters in front of the cameras...

Technically, the microphones probably equate to the lenses and the converters/preamps the camera body :p

• 3 weeks later...

I am really, very, and extremely excited to see what Chris is going to do for the new album.

I love that they do work together and one thing I adore about Muse is that they can evolve... but I am fond of the 'heavy' days. Don't get me wrong, I love all the layers in the newer music, love Matt's experimentation, Dom's precision, but after hearing Hysteria for the 500th time I realized that I am deeply in love with that energy, force, and magnetism from the bass.

Again, I am sure I will be very excited with whatever happens. :D

Archived