The difference between the points of the people you are quoting and your own are that you seem to think that Muse can't do rock because they are mature.

i was talking in the other post about the songwriting, not about the music. :rolleyes: and about the music, they have never been a rock band, for me they are more pop - rock

i was talking in the other post about the songwriting, not about the music. :rolleyes: and about the music, they have never been a rock band, for me they are more pop - rock

I'm assuming that you are talking about the lyrics.

But if that's the case then you have really missed the point. The subject is the song writing(the music). The whole article is based on what Dom heard Matt play on the piano, so lyrics has nothing to do with it.

I don't know what you're trying to imply but the definition of a symphony is a musical composition in three movements or more written for an orchestra.

Try google 'definition symphony'.

Whether you or me want to see it as an 'actual' symphony or not is quite irrelevant.

It's not written for an orchestra though, is it? It's written for four men and 100 backing tracks :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that you are talking about the lyrics.

But if that's the case then you have really missed the point. The subject is the song writing(the music). The whole article is based on what Dom heard Matt play on the piano, so lyrics has nothing to do with it.

music and lyrics go hand in hand, depending on how the lyric is, is how going to sound the melody, if the lyrics are sweeter the melody obviously be equal, if the lyrics are more darker it will be the same with the sound..

end off............................!

music and lyrics go hand in hand, depending on how the lyric is, is how going to sound the melody, if the lyrics are sweeter the melody obviously be equal, if the lyrics are more darker it will be the same with the sound..

Fucking hell. :facepalm:

Hyper Music / Hyper Chondriac Music... Same lyrics, completely different music, melody and mood.

:facepalm: Seriously?

This has been argued to death, so I can't really be bothered to argue it further. Exogenesis is three songs that merge (kind of!) to form a long piece of music. It's got symphonic elements but, imo, it's not a symphony.

Yes, the keyword is 'imo'. I doubt anyone sees it as a symphony together with works of Mozart, Beethoven etc. but it doesn't change the fact that it can be defined as an symphony. And honestly, did anyone think he would create a purely classical, nine movement symphony on level with the greatest through history recorded by the London Philharmonic Orchestra? No, didn't think so. In the pop-rock world, there's nothing wrong with naming it as a kind of symphony ^^

inspired by future events?

hmm, let's look into the future...

pain blood,screaming, sleep deprivation and madness.

sounds like it could be quite good after all :LOL:

Good point. No doubt kids create angst. I'd think that putting up with the paps (and Kate for that matter) would create a lot of rage as well.

/looking at bright side

Yes, the keyword is 'imo'. I doubt anyone sees it as a symphony together with works of Mozart, Beethoven etc. but it doesn't change the fact that it can be defined as an symphony. And honestly, did anyone think he would create a purely classical, nine movement symphony on level with the greatest through history recorded by the London Philharmonic Orchestra? No, didn't think so. In the pop-rock world, there's nothing wrong with naming it as a kind of symphony ^^

You're proving my point with your own ones :LOL:. There's a difference between a song with strings in it and a symphony - Exogenesis is symphonic rock, not a classical composition. Exactly, it can't be compared to your average nine-part, but it's not me that's trying to pull off a three-part song as a symphony, it's Matt :LOL:. And your last comment sums this up nicely: pop-rock. That's exactly what Muse are, so I find it funny that they've named one of their songs a 'symphony' when it doesn't fit that bracket in conventional terms. I got sucked back into this bloody argument after all :rolleyes:

Archived