I remember Dom saying that TR had both the heaviest and softest songs they had made so far.

Yeah right :LOL:

The only heavy stuff around during the making of The Resistance must've been whatever Dom was smoking, if he genuinely thinks that.

I don't mind Muse going soft, as long as it's good. Such a shame that will never happen.

Yeah, their softer songs have never been all that great. And they're worse nowadays, because the lyrics are painfully cheesy. Also, :LOL: at the tags. Three massive cunts. :LOL:

I hold out hope that playing OoS will bring back some heaviness.

So do I, but I'm losing faith, fast :(.

I guess Matt's impending fatherhood is hardly going to bring out guitar-smashing angst. If anything, the next one will be full of gushing poppy songs or 11 lullabies. Nappies of Cydonia is probably a strong working title :stunned:.

I really don't get why everyone seems to only want heavy/loud songs from Muse. :rolleyes: They've done plenty of amazing soft songs too. Unintended, Screenager, Falling Away With You, Blackout, Endlessly, Ruled by Secrecy, Soldier's Poem just to name a few.

Their soft songs are wayyyy underrated imo.

Name three. Ones from OoS or before don't count, because they simply don't write music like that anymore, it would seem.

Well, Ruled By Secrecy, Blackout and Redemption are all better than Plug In Baby, New Born and Hysteria.

I really don't get why everyone seems to only want heavy/loud songs from Muse. :rolleyes: They've done plenty of amazing soft songs too. Unintended, Screenager, Falling Away With You, Blackout, Endlessly, Ruled by Secrecy, Soldier's Poem just to name a few.

Their soft songs are wayyyy underrated imo.

That doesn't mean that they're better than the heavier ones.

Unintended, Soldiers Poem and FAWY are all boring. Screenager is cool for what it is. Endlessly is a lul. Blackout is Take A Bow JR.

Ruled By Secrecy is the only one of those songs I really like. :LOL:

Name three. Ones from OoS or before don't count, because they simply don't write music like that anymore, it would seem.

Even the soft stuff before OOS is shit/boring to me.

because people will eventually mature and grow, he cant write the same things that he wrote when he was in his twenties. about the soft thing, they have always been soft, so is nothing new. :rolleyes:

because people will eventually mature and grow, he cant write the same things that he wrote when he was in his twenties. about the soft thing, they have always been soft, so is nothing new. :rolleyes:

...What?

So they have always written soft songs, but they have matured and can't write about the same things anymore.

And also, rock=immature?

Exogenesis, you have three there :p not sure why can't I choose songs from OoS or before but anyway, three examples: Hoodoo, Glorious (is not what I would call a heavy song), and Ruled By Secrecy.

who said dad rock :LOL:

i hope it's not really 'soft rock' - sounds bloody terrible already - but if they (and by 'they' Matt i'm talking to you) don't do cheesy soft rock, there may be some hope.

that hope is that my definition of 'soft rock' isn't theirs!

Archived