I'd say maturity and being mellow means you can't write GOOD rock. The best rock is written by angry and possibly slightly deranged people, which is why the Manics went a bit shit after Richey disappeared.

Rock songs about love are generally shit.

:eek: WHAT ABOUT CREEP?

I'd say maturity and being mellow means you can't write GOOD rock. The best rock is written by angry and possibly slightly deranged people, which is why the Manics went a bit shit after Richey disappeared.

Rock songs about love are generally shit.

I really doubt that Matt is happy about everything in his life though and is unable to write angry lyrics. And both MK Ultra and US are good rock songs.

Sure, it won't be as emotional as some of their earlier stuff, but I still don't see the point of the person I was quoting.

I'm looking forward to Muse's 'The Love of Maggie Thatcher'.

:LOL: Come on people, soft =/= bad.

I was going to say good =/= heavy, but close enough.

While I cant say I'm particularly confident I will love the album, I dont want ridiculous heavy songs from the band unless they can make it sound fresh. A further step into stadia would be better than OoS mkII as far as Im concerned. As least theyd be going forward.

:LOL: Come on people, soft =/= bad.

Depends on how it's done. I'm sure we'll all enjoy an album full of songs that sound like With Arms Wide Open, or It's Been Awhile, or Wherever You Will Go...

It'd be nice if Muse did a cohesive album of proper rock, but it's not likely. As long as they make an album that doesn't suck I'll be happy.

Lolz at this thread. Talk about an overreaction to some flippant comments...

If you read the thread, I think you'll find that most comments are just discussing over what Muse does best and what good soft songs they have.

Not many people actually takes this seriously.

If you read the thread, I think you'll find that most comments are just discussing over what Muse does best and what good soft songs they have.

Not many people actually takes this seriously.

I've read the thread and it looked like a lot of people were taking it a lot more seriously than you're suggesting!

It's an opinion, if you disagree with it fine.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Sometimes I just have trouble knowing when people are being sarcastic. Apparently you weren't. I think there are plenty of good rock bands whose members are over age 30. Maybe they're not "mellow", but mature, yes. I guess I don't know in what context you mean mellow.

Archived