Easily, Eternally Missed. Play those plz. Better late than never :awesome:

Fuck yes. Everyone's going on OoS and how much it more of it they have to play when I'd be perfectly fine with them playing rarities from BHaR and Abso.

I was just wondering, if anyone knew, just how much did the towers (the production they used recently actually control the setlists?)

I just had a crazy image of the new Reading production being totally stripped down and just had a couple of screens and Muse.

Fuck yes. Everyone's going on OoS and how much it more of it they have to play when I'd be perfectly fine with them playing rarities from BHaR and Abso.

I was just wondering, if anyone knew, just how much did the towers (the production they used recently actually control the setlists?)

I just had a crazy image of the new Reading production being totally stripped down and just had a couple of screens and Muse.

Not at all. They talked about how restricted they were, but they still managed to play totally random songs at "special" places, like Asia, Turin and Australia :p

If they are too lazy to arrange a new song with the towers, just lower them. Simple as that.

And Absolution/BH&R rarities, fuck yeah!

Not at all. They talked about how restricted they were, but they still managed to play totally random songs at "special" places, like Asia, Turin and Australia :p

If they are too lazy to arrange a new song with the towers, just lower them. Simple as that.

Okay, thanks.

I'm looking forward to the full article and hopefully it won't make any more beef.

Before it's too late they need to play TOADA, TSP, B&H, Apocalypse Please, endlessly, glorious, CoD, Assassin and Hoodoo at least once!

:LOL: all this means is Leeds and Reading are getting a hella good setlist and they're going to play songs they don't normally play. And then continue to not play the songs they already don't play. Nothing will really change except L&R will get rare OOS songs that no one else will. If they played it this tour they won't get rid of it. (Bliss, CE, PIB, and hate to break it to ya FG.)

On an off note I would love to see Matt show up in red hair and just go crazy. :LOL: and I agree with the totally stripped back set someone mentioned a few pages back! That would be awesome and room to go crazy and be random!

btw, Aida, I also agree with your post.

On an off note I would love to see Matt show up in red hair and just go crazy. :LOL: and I agree with the totally stripped back set someone mentioned a few pages back! That would be awesome and room to go crazy and be random!

:LOL: This! And something like my sig gif to happen again. I mean, not gonna happen but if they're gonna celebrate and stop playing OoS, might as well go out with an OoS style bang!

I just realized like, why the hell am I getting as worked up as I am about all this? I don't even like OoS that much compared to their other albums. :LOL: (except Hyper Music and Space Dementia…)

I was thinking the exact same thing just a minute ago!

My favourite is Showbiz. :happy:

My favourite songs off OoS are Bliss, CE, Hyper Music and Space Dementia.

I'n kinda annoyed by all this, i was fine not paying butt loads of money to see Muse again and be disappointed. But now he says all these things just to tease us fans of OoS. :mad:

I honestly think he means it when he he'll never play songs from that album again, look at Showbiz, really rare any songs from there, Cave doesn't count, that was a special thing in '09 i think.

From rumors i've heard :ninja: and general banter between friends, i think Bellamy's musical opinions have changed. just look at the new album, its soooo different, Undisclosed Desires especially, if the new album is similar to that, and Muse have just given up on their guitar rock based roots so drastically i don't think i'll care or be a fan of the new material.

Thet have changed as a band, with their musical direction and seem to be giving the old stuff an official send off. Sigh. the new album will be in this new direction, and fans praying for Abs and BHaR rarities will be disappointed time and time again, like they were for years hoping for older rare songs. :( the future, in my mind, doesn't look good for fans of old Muse.

*snort* :LOL:

so glad i'm no longer a muse fan

Obviously not that glad, if you're still lurking about their message board.

As for the article, a few points: 1) It's Matt; the talk doesn't always transpose perfectly to what actually happens. 2) It's NME; what's written doesn't always transpose perfectly to actual facts. 3) He didn't say they're never playing any OoS songs again. He said it would be the last go for "some." Honestly if they pop out Screenager at Reading, I would automatically think "well this is the only time I'll ever hear this" regardless of what Matt said. If it weren't for this announcement, I'd have assumed something like Screenager or Megalomania would never get played again at all. It is a little sad to hear him talk of that era as a by-gone thing, especially since I missed my chances to see them live when they would have normally played those songs, but on the other hand, I'd rather have this chance than none.

I highly doubt they will retire every song on OoS. My guess would be they'll retire the ones that are practically retired already.

Just do a gig in Dublin and play Space Dementia. :( Then you can do what you like Mr. Bellamy.

Hopefully the interview will shed more light on what he said. It wouldn't be the first time NME made something seem more interesting than it actually was. :p

Obviously not that glad, if you're still lurking about their message board.

As for the article, a few points: 1) It's Matt; the talk doesn't always transpose perfectly to what actually happens. 2) It's NME; what's written doesn't always transpose perfectly to actual facts. 3) He didn't say they're never playing any OoS songs again. He said it would be the last go for "some." Honestly if they pop out Screenager at Reading, I would automatically think "well this is the only time I'll ever hear this" regardless of what Matt said. If it weren't for this announcement, I'd have assumed something like Screenager or Megalomania would never get played again at all. It is a little sad to hear him talk of that era as a by-gone thing, especially since I missed my chances to see them live when they would have normally played those songs, but on the other hand, I'd rather have this chance than none.

I highly doubt they will retire every song on OoS. My guess would be they'll retire the ones that are practically retired already.

but will they retire them by playing them for one last time? Or chugg out the same old setlist thats been rattling around for 2 years now?

I'n kinda annoyed by all this, i was fine not paying butt loads of money to see Muse again and be disappointed. But now he says all these things just to tease us fans of OoS. :mad:

I honestly think he means it when he he'll never play songs from that album again, look at Showbiz, really rare any songs from there, Cave doesn't count, that was a special thing in '09 i think.

From rumors i've heard :ninja: and general banter between friends, i think Bellamy's musical opinions have changed. just look at the new album, its soooo different, Undisclosed Desires especially, if the new album is similar to that, and Muse have just given up on their guitar rock based roots so drastically i don't think i'll care or be a fan of the new material.

Thet have changed as a band, with their musical direction and seem to be giving the old stuff an official send off. Sigh. the new album will be in this new direction, and fans praying for Abs and BHaR rarities will be disappointed time and time again, like they were for years hoping for older rare songs. :( the future, in my mind, doesn't look good for fans of old Muse.

They are definatly being harsh toward us musers who can't afford and just can't make it! I was quite happy not going before all this OoS news...

They have played Unintended and Sunburn a few times... Maybe OoS is just going to end up like Showbiz? Just have a few songs played now and again... Which is rather disappointing really. Showbiz and OoS are my two favourite albums.

I mean what will happen when Abso and BHAR turn out like Showbiz? No one would like to go to their gigs :erm:

I think he is just doing this to get away from his past or he is just had enough and they are indeed changing as a band. But i am hoping for the opposite and they are going to go back to the old days and become pwoper old school muse. And they are just doing all of this OoS to jazz up the set list a bit.

I am unsure if i will be a fan on the new muse. I personally quite like Undisclosed desires. But a whole album of similar type of music i don't think i would like it.

Fans are not going to be happy either way :erm:

Am I the only one who thought New Born was bollocks on The Resistance Tour? If it only continued to be like that then I'm happy it'll be going. Plug In Baby will most likely stay, probably still as a staple...

But yeah on the whole I think people are overreacting. I think they've realised the sheer demand for them to play older songs they haven't for years, and so are using this is as an oppurtunity to give them a go one last time and also to make it bluntly clear that that they don't want to play them anymore after this tour, which is fair enough. At least it'll avoid more setlist beef next time around (to an extent :p).

They are definatly being harsh toward us musers who can't afford and just can't make it! I was quite happy not going before all this OoS news...

They have played Unintended and Sunburn a few times... Maybe OoS is just going to end up like Showbiz? Just have a few songs played now and again... Which is rather disappointing really. Showbiz and OoS are my two favourite albums.

I mean what will happen when Abso and BHAR turn out like Showbiz? No one would like to go to their gigs :erm:

I think he is just doing this to get away from his past or he is just had enough and they are indeed changing as a band. But i am hoping for the opposite and they are going to go back to the old days and become pwoper old school muse. And they are just doing all of this OoS to jazz up the set list a bit.

I am unsure if i will be a fan on the new muse. I personally quite like Undisclosed desires. But a whole album of similar type of music i don't think i would like it.

Fans are not going to be happy either way :erm:

Yes, i don't mind undisclosed, took me a while to get used to it. But a whole album like that, :noey: i don't think it would work... I don't think its that great in terms of comparing it to other electronic based songs. Really does pale in comparison to Radiohead or Aphex twin or something, or the new 65days of static.

They weren't playing these rare songs before, its not like i'll be expecting them now.

Whenever he's interviewed, Bellamy always mentions, does it offend you yeah, Justice and other music acts like that.

He keeps talking about 90's rave music. I somehow doubt this can end well...

Just do a gig in Dublin and play Space Dementia. :( Then you can do what you like Mr. Bellamy.

Hopefully the interview will shed more light on what he said. It wouldn't be the first time NME made something seem more interesting than it actually was. :p

Marlay was great.

Am I the only one who thought New Born was bollocks on The Resistance Tour? If it only continued to be like that then I'm happy it'll be going. Plug In Baby will most likely stay, probably still as a staple...

NB is dead in the water, it needs to go.

Why would you be on there message board if you're not a Muse fan....

Some people were fans and no longer are. Big deal. Why leave the board if you've made friends here and you enjoy the craic in other sections?

It makes me sad that they never even considered doing anything special at all about Showbiz's 10 year anniversary. They've completely disowned it ages ago when it's their strongest album emotionally.

But yeah, this sucks. I hope Matt stops being a douche and doesnt actually end OoS at these festivals. It's completely unfair to us who can't go. Especially to us in America since we've never gotten most of those songs.

Archived