Seriously what :stunned: the only way to salvage this is for their next album to be mindblowingly amazing so no one misses Citizen erased, Bliss, PiB, New born etc... Doesn't sound very likely to me :(

Why couldn't just say 'we'll play more of OOS as its the 10th year anniversary' and leave it at that.

(Wish they'd dropped TR instead of OOS)

the real reason is that they're just getting too old to rock out anymore. there comes a point where the old men on stage singing songs they wrote as youngsters, just doesn't wash anymore. muse have reached that stage.

"bring your own picnic" daytime gigs at national trust properties to be announced soon

:p

Old men? They're only 32 :LOL:

the real reason is that they're just getting too old to rock out anymore. there comes a point where the old men on stage singing songs they wrote as youngsters, just doesn't wash anymore. muse have reached that stage.

"bring your own picnic" daytime gigs at national trust properties to be announced soon

:p

:LOL::LOL:

They're in their early 30s!! They can't bitch until their late 40s, early 50s.

Seriously what :stunned: the only way to salvage this is for their next album to be mindblowingly amazing so no one misses Citizen erased, Bliss, PiB, New born etc... Doesn't sound very likely to me :(

Why couldn't just say 'we'll play more of OOS as its the 10th year anniversary' and leave it at that.

(Wish they'd dropped TR instead of OOS)

Of course a lot of songs will be missed, but as was stated by someone else before, it's not as though they don't have any other great songs in their catalogue post-OoS. They could easily make an amazing setlist with the remainder of the songs they have, but we'll have to wait and see

I hope they stop well before they become the next Rolling Stones :LOL:

i keep thinking of The Stranglers at Glasto and how Jet Black looked like he was about to die. Then the next time i saw them, they were on telly (probably Reading?) and they had a replacement drummer :eek:

Of course a lot of songs will be missed, but as was stated by someone else before, it's not as though they don't have any other great songs in their catalogue post-OoS. They could easily make an amazing setlist with the remainder of the songs they have, but we'll have to wait and see

That's very true, but personally I don't think they're balancing taking old stuff out with new material thats of the same quality. But again, this is what I personally think :$ anyway looking forward to the next album.

Well I'm in the enviable position of enjoying the new stuff as much as the old stuff and I am excited and ready to embrace what they will give us next. I have an open mind! :happy:

Saying that, I don't think anyone can ever say never. Who knows what will happen in the future. (Not that Matt's actually said never).

If Matt's intention was to ignite muse.mu (which tbh has been frustrating quiet of late) by saying something ambiguous that pushes buttons, he's going about it the right way. :chuckle:

If not, as much as I enjoy the old stuff, I accept that Muse may want to move on.

These are gonna be the best and worst gigs ever. I'm more pissed than I am excited cos OoS is the best part of Muse's music, imo. It's the main reason that I became a full-on crazy fan. For them to pretty much abandon it after these gigs is just effed up, even if it was inevitable this would happen one day. Call me dramatic or whatever, but I can't see how this will do much more than alienate their already decreasing group of 'older' fans who appreciated these songs most. Even if New Born etc are still played after, it's hardly comforting knowing the rest of the tracks are long gone :rolleyes:. On the plus side, Matt's renowned mastery at bullshitting is the only thing giving me a bit of hope that they might not follow through with this after all :p

All that said, if they play Hyper Chondriac Music, just one time in their lives at either of these gigs, I will ... well, I can't predict what might happen. If I don't simply die of euphoria, I'll remember it as the greatest gig in existence :D.

Yeah, they're now older men who spent the last album deciding how stupid they could look on stage with their costumes!

I so hope their glam stage is over. If they draw a line under OoS they draw a line. I'd say fair enough if we got to hear things like City of Delusion, AP or Assassin more.

I don't know how many more Guiding Lights or NSC's I can take. For me it was telling that they had started to regularly ditch US & MKU from the setlists even though it was the Resistance tour.

Yeah, they're now older men who spent the last album deciding how stupid they could look on stage with their costumes

:chuckle:

Why are some people freaking out? I am sure this has been said before alot of times but he said that probably is the last time that some of these songs will ever be played live, not that they are going to stop playing all the OOS songs. Also in the future they have to make room for the new songs in the setlist, so it is obvious they have to stop playing some songs, because we know there is no way they can have a longer setlist.

i just cant imagine they would not played citizen erased, plug in baby, new born ever again, whilst imo, those songs are their masterpieces, and kinda define muse. however, let's be positive thinking, the bottom line is, it is about 10th year anniversary of probably their best work ever, OoS, so they should play almost all, if not all, OoS songs including the rarest ones such as micro cuts, hyper music, megalomania, space dementia. and this board background would be OoS album cover, and i would be very very happy if matt dyed his hair red, like someone said before. if it happen, i wish they make the dvd, cos i surely can't come to the gigs.

regarding probably the last time some OoS songs would be played live, i'm just wishing he's not serious about that. i understand that the tour gigs are about the new albums so it's obvious that most songs played in the setlists are from the new albums, but they have plenty of gigs around the world that they could played some rare songs which missing by a lot of fans. that would be very nice really. ahh, i don't know what i'm talking about, haha.

Matt doesn't know how to celebrate anniversaries. "Hey guys, it's been 10 fucking years since Origin was release! Woohoo! And to celebrate the 10 year anniversary for the album that 99% of our fans consider to be our best album, we're going to stop playing songs off it for the rest of our career! Yay!"

>.>

This new album better be fucking incredible.

+1. OoS is the best thing since sliced bread... so yeah, we should all have high expectations...

Matt doesn't know how to celebrate anniversaries. "Hey guys, it's been 10 fucking years since Origin was release! Woohoo! And to celebrate the 10 year anniversary for the album that 99% of our fans consider to be our best album, we're going to stop playing songs off it for the rest of our career! Yay!"

>.>

This.

So true.

Hehehehehehe :)

Archived