I was pleased to see Dom admit that they have kind of gone off on one with their current music and are ready to go full circle. Whether that means OoS stuff for R&L, or for future tracks remains to be seen.

I never got that impression from Dom at all...

From the interview it never seemed to me that they weren't proud of their current songs and their current live shows, but more that over the last 10 years since OoS they've been working their way trying to make their way to being the biggest and 'best' ('best' being open to interpretation) live band in the world, and to be honest it's fair to say they've pretty much achieved that this tour. However, while they've enjoyed everything they've done so far, now that they've achieved their goal they can stop striving to become even bigger with every tour that comes, but instead just play live for the fun of it and because they love it (not saying they don't love it now, but you can compare the difference between 2010 and 2001).

Sense. Did that make any? ^

The whole OoS theme for R/L just seems a nice way to officially send it off. They probably knew that a load of tracks from it wouldn't make the next tour as the setlists get filled with newer material, which is normal for any band. But they know that people on the board love OoS so much, as they've stated in numerous interviews, so rather than having the tracks dissapear without a trace next tour to the rage of Hipbones, Dee and Sippe (love you guys really :p) they're giving them one last go, which to me is quite cool.

I know they briefly mentioned new songs in the NME interview, and although that is probably really unlikely to actually happen, would be interesting to see what they come up with since they're being all inspired by OoS and the rockier shows

EDIT: Whoa IKEA do meatballs? Where have they been my whole life

Honestly I think everyone is overreacting. Rarities from the newer albums (Hoodoo, City of Delusion, I Belong to You, Glorious, etc) are better than songs like Space Dementia and Hyper Music anyway. I know Matt didn't say they'd play new rarities but if they do I'd be much happier with those than with the older rarities

Honestly I think everyone is overreacting. Rarities from the newer albums (Hoodoo, City of Delusion, I Belong to You, Glorious, etc) are better than songs like Space Dementia and Hyper Music anyway. I know Matt didn't say they'd play new rarities but if they do I'd be much happier with those than with the older rarities

Entitled to your own opinion, but I'd take Space Dementia over most of those. I saw Hoodoo in 2007 and I really like the live version on piano, but it's not a song I'd be desperate to see.

City of Delusion would be cool to see live, but again, not that desperate to see it.

I Belong to You...nah I'm alright

Would love to see Glorious so much, but never gonna happen

Entitled to your own opinion, but I'd take Space Dementia over most of those. I saw Hoodoo in 2007 and I really like the live version on piano, but it's not a song I'd be desperate to see.

City of Delusion would be cool to see live, but again, not that desperate to see it.

I Belong to You...nah I'm alright

Would love to see Glorious so much, but never gonna happen

I guess I'm just saying I'm one of the rare people on this board who like "new" Muse more than "old" Muse

I was pleased to see Dom admit that they have kind of gone off on one with their current music and are ready to go full circle. Whether that means OoS stuff for R&L, or for future tracks remains to be seen.

From the interview it never seemed to me that they weren't proud of their current songs and their current live shows, but more that over the last 10 years since OoS they've been working their way trying to make their way to being the biggest and 'best' ('best' being open to interpretation) live band in the world, and to be honest it's fair to say they've pretty much achieved that this tour. However, while they've enjoyed everything they've done so far, now that they've achieved their goal they can stop striving to become even bigger with every tour that comes, but instead just play live for the fun of it and because they love it (not saying they don't love it now, but you can compare the difference between 2010 and 2001).

The whole OoS theme for R/L just seems a nice way to officially send it off. They probably knew that a load of tracks from it wouldn't make the next tour as the setlists get filled with newer material, which is normal for any band. But they know that people on the board love OoS so much, as they've stated in numerous interviews, so rather than having the tracks dissapear without a trace next tour to the rage of Hipbones, Dee and Sippe (love you guys really :p) they're giving them one last go, which to me is quite cool.

I know they briefly mentioned new songs in the NME interview, and although that is probably really unlikely to actually happen, would be interesting to see what they come up with since they're being all inspired by OoS and the rockier shows

I also think they're proud of their current work. I don't think anything has been said to indicate they're not and I'm not sure that's what Hipbones is saying.

However, I had to go back to check, but that comment was attributed to Matt not Dom. I think at the moment the guys have a lot going through their heads and lots to think about. They've finished the tour and the next album is ahead, and it's not unusual that they will be thinking through where they go from here. However I think the thinking is probably still evolving and is likely to go through change over the coming months, so basically anything could happen.:)

I think it's nice to hear about stuff like this though, what their feelings and intentions are, as it goes along, but I think it's too early to make any judgements on what the future may hold. :)

I also think they're proud of their current work. I don't think anything has been said to indicate they're not and I'm not sure that's what Hipbones is saying.

*snip*

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that they weren't proud of what they have done. I'm sure they are, I doubt they'd have put it out there if they were a bit iffy on it.

I meant that they know they have like, went off on one in the sense that IBTY is a million miles away from Hyper Music or something like that. Things are different now so they are going back round full circle toward OoS to revisit how they used to be.

Oh, and I haven't raged.

Yet.

To be honest, I won't rage when the rarities go anyway. It's not like they'll be around long enough for us to miss them lol they'll be gone in a blink of an eye.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that they weren't proud of what they have done. I'm sure they are, I doubt they'd have put it out there if they were a bit iffy on it.

I meant that they know they have like, went off on one in the sense that IBTY is a million miles away from Hyper Music or something like that. Things are different now so they are going back round full circle toward OoS to revisit how they used to be.

:yesey: As Matt put it 'we've gone off on one a little bit' - they veered a million musical miles away from OoS with some of their most recent stuff, and while it's great that they've experimented with different styles, I'd bloody well LOVE for them to go back to more of what 'what we were actually doing 10 years ago' and bring some of that raw energy back into their sound.

I'm glad they're aware just how much of an impact OoS had on their careers, cos it's easy to forget those moments when they were such a long time ago and your frame of mind shifts so much. They said it themselves - they're different people now and have changed their live sound, not just albums, so to reflect a bit is healthy. NME asked if it was 'dangerous to flirt with nostalgia', but I'm glad the band is thinking of this as a way of looking forward as well as reminiscing and celebrating a turning point in Muse history.

OK, you've just made the shitlist buddy!

But they know that people on the board love OoS so much, as they've stated in numerous interviews, so rather than having the tracks dissapear without a trace next tour to the rage of Hipbones, Dee and Sippe (love you guys really :p) they're giving them one last go, which to me is quite cool.

Tbh I wouldn't mind if they never played anything from Showbiz or OoS again. There are plenty of great songs on the newer albums. Shame they never play them.

:phu:

OK, you've just made the shitlist buddy!

All of those songs are better than Hyper Music.

Tbh, some of Muse's later material is well beyond the highlights of the older stuff for me. But it also has some REALLY shitty songs. City of Delusion and Hoodoo over Hyper Music and Space Dementia anyday(even if SD is amazing)

All of those songs are better than Hyper Music.

Tbh, some of Muse's later material is well beyond the highlights of the older stuff for me. But it also has some REALLY shitty songs. City of Delusion and Hoodoo over Hyper Music and Space Dementia anyday(even if SD is amazing)

:noey:

Archived