It makes me sad that they never even considered doing anything special at all about Showbiz's 10 year anniversary. They've completely disowned it ages ago when it's their strongest album emotionally.

But yeah, this sucks. I hope Matt stops being a douche and doesnt actually end OoS at these festivals. It's completely unfair to us who can't go. Especially to us in America since we've never gotten most of those songs.

+1464326764 :'( :'(

Yes, i don't mind undisclosed, took me a while to get used to it. But a whole album like that, :noey: i don't think it would work... I don't think its that great in terms of comparing it to other electronic based songs. Really does pale in comparison to Radiohead or Aphex twin or something, or the new 65days of static.

They weren't playing these rare songs before, its not like i'll be expecting them now.

Whenever he's interviewed, Bellamy always mentions, does it offend you yeah, Justice and other music acts like that.

He keeps talking about 90's rave music. I somehow doubt this can end well...

I liked it instantly there was just something about it... :erm:... And usually i am a heavy guitar riff girl :eek:.

It will be a poor album with fuck all sales is the great definition of it :chuckle:

And we thought muse wanted to get away from the Radiohead comparision!

Exactly we have bugger all chances of hearing great songs such as Easily or map of your head live :supersad:

I remember hearing about that... I just hope he was kidding!

Some people were fans and no longer are. Big deal. Why leave the board if you've made friends here and you enjoy the craic in other sections?

I agree. Just because you don't like a artist/band doesn't mean you stop going to their forums. There are great people on here :awesome:

My impression from this (if you dont mind me saying) is that Muse will be playing lots of old stuff, maybe some tracks from OoS that havnt been palyed for a while eg Screenager, Space Dementia etc, will be revistited for the last time. But obviously songs like New Born, Bliss, CE are palyed more so they wouldnt just get rid of favourites. I think itll be really interesting, should be a load of old stuff, and matt could easily go back on what he said, im sure NME are making it seem more dramatic than it is.

I wasn't around in 2006, but I was told that Matt said back then there was a possibility that there wouldn't be another Muse album after BHaR.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about the new album until I hear it, because pretty much everything that Matt says beforehand is utter bullshit and ends up completely unrelated to the album.:rolleyes:

I wasn't around in 2006, but I was told that Matt said back then there was a possibility that there wouldn't be another Muse album after BHaR.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about the new album until I hear it, because pretty much everything that Matt says beforehand is utter bullshit and ends up completely unrelated to the album.:rolleyes:

But that is horribly unlikely since they signed a contract for more material with Warner, ANDDDD with BHAR selling the way it did they'd have guns put to their heads if they didn't write another album.

But if anyone remembers the vote for setlists that appeared this time last year, we didn't get ANYTHING we voted for.

Oxegen would have had Fury, Dead Star and Assassin if they actually paid attention to the results.

It's shit if Matt doesn't play the beginning himself.

He may not play the beginning, but his actual performance is great. The guitar tone has improved hugely since BH&R. The organ thing that Morgan does in the verse after the guitar solo sounds really cool, like a kind of creepy broken down carnival kind of sound and the outro riff is great.

Oxegen would have had Fury, Dead Star and Assassin if they actually paid attention to the results.

I see your point, but Oxegen's setlist was pretty amazing. Although, I'm not saying it wouldn't have been better if they'd played those.

I think he's just trying to say that they will play some songs from the album that were a bit rare even in the past few years but there still was a chance for them to play them (Bliss, Citizen Erased, Space Dementia, Micro Cuts, New Born). And these songs will be played for the last time there. But I think that Plug in Baby will survive and unfortunately even Feeling Good will. In a way it's a logical step to make. Its 10 years already (!) and they probably can't relate to some of the songs anymore. They would surely drop them on the next tour, I think. But Matt saying it makes it much more dramatic.

I'm think he meant that some of the OoS songs they havn't played for a while will be brought back for a final farewell. They'd be idiotic to take something like Plug in Baby off the Setlist considering the reaction it always gets.

Also, on their announcement post they said "We're very pleased to announce that Muse will be headlining this year's Reading and Leeds festivals. The band will close the main stage on Friday August 26th in Leeds and on Sunday August 28th in Reading.

At the festival, to celebrate 10 years since the release of Origin Of Symmetry, Muse will be playing songs from this album alongside others spanning their career to date. Not only this, but they'll also be bringing a whole new stage production that will only be used for these two performances."

Hints alot more towards a final farewell to a few of those songs rather than a farewell to the album as a whole.

I do think that Space Dementia, Bliss, Citizen Erased, New Born, Feeling Good and Plug In Baby are given.

I also wouldn't be entirely too surprised to see Micro Cuts and/or Dead Star get some playtime.

I also think that they might be saying farewell to some older tracks in general. Sunburn is not entirely impossible. Showbiz, not very likely, but not impossible. Muscle Museum might make an appearance too. I think that they'll want to get some of those songs out of the way, especially songs like Micro Cuts and Showbiz, which Matt will have trouble singing, just to get it done.

I do think that Space Dementia, Bliss, Citizen Erased, New Born, Feeling Good and Plug In Baby are given.

I also wouldn't be entirely too surprised to see Micro Cuts and/or Dead Star get some playtime.

I also think that they might be saying farewell to some older tracks in general. Sunburn is not entirely impossible. Showbiz, not very likely, but not impossible. Muscle Museum might make an appearance too. I think that they'll want to get some of those songs out of the way, especially songs like Micro Cuts and Showbiz, which Matt will have trouble singing, just to get it done.

Tbh, I don't think Matt will even attempt those songs if he thinks he'll have trouble singing them. He seems pretty risk-averse these days.

Tbh, I don't think Matt will even attempt those songs if he thinks he'll have trouble singing them. He seems pretty risk-averse these days.

I don't know really. They could always play them one octave lower or something. They might attempt them one final time just to get them out of the way for good. I kinda doubt it, but I could also kinda see it happen.

I hope Matt is just talking out of his ass again. :indiff:

I will seriously never see Muse again if there isn't even a small chance that I could hear songs from my favorite album. Well... I take that back. I will buy Muse tickets, but only to look at Tom Kirk. :happy:

I don't know really. They could always play them one octave lower or something. They might attempt them one final time just to get them out of the way for good. I kinda doubt it, but I could also kinda see it happen.

One OCTAVE lower? lolwuut

Archived