It doesn't look to me that Matt was saying that they'll stop playing usual OOS staples.

If they want to mark the anniversary of OOS and do something special, it doesn't make much sense to do this by performing OOS songs that they've been playing on the last tours anyway. It sounds more like they want to bring back some songs that haven't been consistently played in the last few years, and which the band will then put away for good.

It doesn't look to me that Matt was saying that they'll stop playing usual OOS staples.

If they want to mark the anniversary of OOS and do something special, it doesn't make much sense to do this by performing OOS songs that they've been playing on the last tours anyway. It sounds more like they want to bring back some songs that haven't been consistently played in the last few years, and which the band will then put away for good.

THIS. Hopefully.... :unsure:

Bleh, I've seen New Born, Bliss, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Feeling Good and Megalomania, all at least once.

It's a shame they appear ready to move on, but I do get the feeling they want to avoid being pigeonholed or tied to a specific album. It's great news IF they're able to go back to making brilliant cohesive albums (1-3). If not, and they carry on in the disparate traditions of LPs 4-5, then I can see no future for Muse.

I was pleased to see Dom admit that they have kind of gone off on one with their current music and are ready to go full circle. Whether that means OoS stuff for R&L, or for future tracks remains to be seen.

Yeah this. It's fun to be all pomp for a while just because you can, but after a while they must know the fans will tire of it and they'll find it harder and harder to top the last gig....

Yeah this. It's fun to be all pomp for a while just because you can, but after a while they must know the fans will tire of it and they'll find it harder and harder to top the last gig....

Yup. There's only so long that sort of set up would work and they have completed the tour for TR so there's no need for that caper now. I think they need to realise that fans are going to get bored and sometimes it's best to go back to basics.

I don't know how they will top R&L though if this turns out to be as epic as we think it will be. :LOL:

New Born, Feeling Good, PIB are probably safe... CE and Bliss are probably still going to be rotated in occasionally. I'm pretty sure he was talking about songs like Micro Cuts, Screenager, Darkshines, Hyper Music and all that other great stuff.. Dead Star.... oh please no.

matt bellamy is GOD but i hope this doesn't mean they will completely get rid of their old stuff. showbiz + OOS were the most amazing things ever. It scares me a bit though because you never know what's actually going on in the genius mind of his. hehe

i hope the new songs won't be like "ooooooooooh kate hudsooon blahblahblah neutron star collisioooooooooon cheese cheese gimme some cheese oh babyyyyyyy you're a vampire with sparking skiiin you will always wiiiiiiin" :erm:

Archived