What I don't like what Muse has done so far in this tour is lock themselves into this template with the setlist, as if songs can only be played in a certain section and not be thrown around. What they should do is compile all the songs on a regular playlist, shuffle them around, and play the end result without changing anything.

Edit:On second thought, they shouldn't do exactly what comes out, but they should be more willing to throw songs around the setlist.

Most recent setlist shuffled:

1)Guiding Light

2)Exogenesis Pt.1

3)USoE

4)Undisclosed Desires

5)Knights of Cydonia

6)Hysteria

7)Citizen Erased

8)Resistance

9)Take a Bow

10)Supermassive Black Hole

11)Megalomania

12)Plug in Baby

13)Map of the Problematique

14)Time is Running Out

Encore:

15)Soldiers Poem

16)Starlight

17)Stockholm Syndrome

18)Uprising

Much better! :LOL:

Revised:

1. Citizen Erased (Finishes on C, leads straight into MOTP)

2. MOTP + Who Knows Who

3. Resistance (2009 style without double neck)

4. Interlude + Hysteria (with the outro from Resistance leading into Interlude)

5. Guiding Light

6. Soldier's Poem (replacing Nishe while they set up the piano)

7. USoE

8. Megalomania

9. Overture (long intro gives time to put piano away again)

10. Stockholm Syndrome (admittedly weird to put it in the middle of the set, but it worked at Teignmouth, and it goes well after Overture)

11. Time Is Running Out

12. Starlight (these had to go in somewhere)

13. Supermassive Black Hole (both SMBH and KoC are in E so can lead straight into each other, depending on how long it takes to switch guitars)

14. Knights Of Cydonia (without MWAH)

ENCORE

15. Plug In Baby

16. Uprising (finishing with the well known hits and the atmospheric closer TaB)

17. Take A Bow

EDIT: Forgot UD...oh well

Revised:

1. Citizen Erased

2. MOTP

3. Resistance

4. Interlude + Hysteria (with the outro from Resistance leading into Interlude)

5. Guiding Light

6. Soldier's Poem (replacing Nishe while they set up the piano)

7. USoE

8. Megalomania

9. Overture (long intro gives time to put piano away again)

10. Stockholm Syndrome

11. Time Is Running Out

12. Starlight

13. Supermassive Black Hole

14. Knights Of Cydonia (without MWAH)

ENCORE

15. Plug In Baby

16. Uprising

17. Take A Bow

That's almost as bad.

Are you insane?

Your ears are obviously broken.

I barely think USoE works live period but as a closer? Do you know how many people would be sitting there until the lights came back up going "Where's the encore?" This would soon be followed by riots. :LOL:

:LOL: Ok, ok! I'm allowed to have an opinion :LOL: To be fair I was just thinking about the "Sia" but hey :LOL:

:LOL: Ok, ok! I'm allowed to have an opinion :LOL: To be fair I was just thinking about the "Sia" but hey :LOL:

It could close the main set, but as has been said wouldn't fit right closing the show.

There are only a couple of piano/keyboard songs that I think could actually close a Muse show, Space Dementia and Megalomania

1. Interlude + Hysteria

2. Uprising

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Guiding Light (only because it has to be on there)

5. Citizen Erased

6. United States of Eurasia

7. Soldiers Poem

8. Megalomania

9. Undisclosed Desires

10. Resistance

11. Starlight

12. Time is Running Out

13. Knights of Cydonia

------------------------------------------------------------------

14. Take A Bow

15. Map of the Problematique

16. Plug in Baby

------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture

18. Stockholm Syndrome

Just changes up set closers, openers etc...

It could close the main set, but as has been said wouldn't fit right closing the show.

There are only a couple of piano/keyboard songs that I think could actually close a Muse show, Space Dementia and Megalomania

I can actually imagine Apocalypse Please as a closer, maybe I'm just weird. It's a great opener btw

Space Dementia would be cool.

I can actually imagine Apocalypse Please as a closer, maybe I'm just weird. It's a great opener btw

I was thinking about Apocalypse Please, I mean in many ways it's similar to Space Dementia, but then I couldn't really imagine it as a closer, not even as a closer to the main set even, works much better as an opener

Oh, and NSC was actually pretty cool live... Guiding Light is completely shit in absolutely every single format.

I found it alright at the stadium gigs. Seemed to fit there, plus streamers :awesome:

Arenas...nah, and it was a bore at festivals

I was thinking about Apocalypse Please' date=' I mean in many ways it's similar to Space Dementia, but then I couldn't really imagine it as a closer, not even as a closer to the main set even, works much better as an opener[/quote']

I'm just imagining muse ending plug in baby and everything becomes dark, you can't see anything, and it becomes quiet. Then suddenly these heavy chords (fuck the clap-shit before, just piano directly) kick in and lights go mental. Might work, would be fun if they tried sometime ;)

EDIT: May only work in arenas

Two identical setlists in two different countries is nothing to get that disappointed over.

It's a bad omen for the summer. Means we can expect identical setlists at a the summer gigs. Except for Reading and Leeds it appears we're going to get Resistance Tour setlists with Citizen Erased and Megalomania thrown in. Which is fine, but I'd like to see more change. But I'll take those 2 additions over none at all. Those are 2 of my favorite Muse songs.

It's a bad omen for the summer. Means we can expect identical setlists at a the summer gigs. Except for Reading and Leeds it appears we're going to get Resistance Tour setlists with Citizen Erased and Megalomania thrown in. Which is fine, but I'd like to see more change. But I'll take those 2 additions over none at all. Those are 2 of my favorite Muse songs.

Knowing me I probably got this wrong but I thought they were playing all of Origin with the stage styled like the album cover...? :stunned:

Of course people are whining. Stop whining, these gigs were not on back to back nights, they were in different countries, and both included TAKE A BOW, CITIZEN ERASED, MEGALOMANIA, not to mention still had KoC, SS, PiB. I will take this setlist any day. Would we all love to see Assassin rather than Guiding Light? Of course! But Guiding Light does have a place in a set like this. They can't be going all out on every song of a set that is 100+ minutes.

Yes, and by the time we get to Reading/Leeds, Megalomania will be about as special as Supermassive Black Hole or Starlight.

now now, let's not overexaggerate...sure it may not have the special feeling it did when it was first played this tour, but there really aren't that many gigs between now and R/L. SMBH and Starlight have reached an unprecedented level of overplaying. Megalomania will have been played about 10 times total since 2002.

Archived