Of course people are whining. Stop whining, these gigs were not on back to back nights, they were in different countries, and both included TAKE A BOW, CITIZEN ERASED, MEGALOMANIA, not to mention still had KoC, SS, PiB. I will take this setlist any day. Would we all love to see Assassin rather than Guiding Light? Of course! But Guiding Light does have a place in a set like this. They can't be going all out on every song of a set that is 100+ minutes.

Who's whining? ONE person said they were a bit disappointed :rolleyes:

now now, let's not overexaggerate...sure it may not have the special feeling it did when it was first played this tour, but there really aren't that many gigs between now and R/L. SMBH and Starlight have reached an unprecedented level of overplaying. Megalomania will have been played about 10 times total since 2002.

I know this, I was just making a point.

It's a bad omen for the summer. Means we can expect identical setlists at a the summer gigs. Except for Reading and Leeds it appears we're going to get Resistance Tour setlists with Citizen Erased and Megalomania thrown in. Which is fine, but I'd like to see more change. But I'll take those 2 additions over none at all. Those are 2 of my favorite Muse songs.

Except the show in St. Petersburg had more BHaR songs than TR songs and if I'm not mistaken these last two had equal amounts

Of course people are whining. Stop whining, these gigs were not on back to back nights, they were in different countries, and both included TAKE A BOW, CITIZEN ERASED, MEGALOMANIA, not to mention still had KoC, SS, PiB. I will take this setlist any day. Would we all love to see Assassin rather than Guiding Light? Of course! But Guiding Light does have a place in a set like this. They can't be going all out on every song of a set that is 100+ minutes.

I have to agree. I am a bit disappointed that they started a new setlist only to start playing that one over and over again, but I'd still take this over the other Muse shows I've been too. If I get to at least see Take A Bow or Citizen Erased at least once I'll be happy. Now with Megalomania even in there I'm not complaining about this set.

I also don't understand why out of all the Showbiz songs to play they usually go with Unintended. I like the song just fine but even Matt himself has admitted it feels flat when they play it in stadiums and arenas. Obviously it would be ideal if they played Showbiz or Muscle Museum but I understand that Matt "lost his pedal" and Showbiz is probably pretty hard for him to sing at this point. It's frustrating.

Who's whining? ONE person said they were a bit disappointed :rolleyes:

Shh, don't interrupt the smug fanboiism! Idol defence complex is SRS BSNSS donchaknow.

Oh ja - by the way:

This setlist sucks arse. Just sayin'.

Yes, and by the time we get to Reading/Leeds, Megalomania will be about as special as Supermassive Black Hole or Starlight.

I don't care if it's not as special. After this tour Megalomania may never be played again, so I think as many people as possible should get a chance to see it.

No it does not.

And the only songs Muse really 'go for it' are (from the last setlist) half of Citizen Erased, Stockholm Syndrome, Plug in Baby and Knights of Cydonia...arguably Hysteria, Map of the Problematique and Supermassive Black Hole...

Most of the time nowadays they just stand still.

I don't care if it's not as special. After this tour Megalomania may never be played again, so I think as many people as possible should get a chance to see it.

That's how I'm feeling. I was born with the misfortune of being an American. Megalomania has never been played here. I'm doing everything I can to get to Reading but if it doesn't work out I'm hoping Megalomania carries over to the US Summer gigs. At the VERY least. Because if there are 2 songs other than New Born, FG, and PiB that will played after Reading and Leeds they'll be CE and Bliss. I love those songs, but I'm sure they'll keep playing them.

No it does not.

And the only songs Muse really 'go for it' are (from the last setlist) half of Citizen Erased, Stockholm Syndrome, Plug in Baby and Knights of Cydonia...arguably Hysteria, Map of the Problematique and Supermassive Black Hole...

Most of the time nowadays they just stand still.

I'd have to disagree that those are the ONLY from the last setlist Muse where Muse really "goes for it" and rocks out. Uprising is pretty massive live imho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRKa2BP_EE#t=6m15s

And Matt was really getting into his solo in Overture in Moscow! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pECosIVEw#t=3m17s

And the rest of the songs aren't really songs they can rock out to and go crazy because they're either softer and/or at a piano but they still have a place in a setlist.

This. It will be special to everyone who hasn't heard it as well.

Despite all this i wouldnt be suprised if megalomania isnt at the american gigs, i just imagine Muse couldnt be bothered learning more songs than they had to for a 3 gig tour.

Considering all of Origin will be played at Reading and Leeds I don't think they'll hold off testing and practicing more songs before hand just in case. Especially since some of these songs haven't been played for years. I'm sure some rarities will appear at the US gigs. Outside Lands is only 2 weeks before Leeds. By then they should have several songs down, and it would be a waste not to play at least one in another gig.

If they don't, well...

I also don't understand why out of all the Showbiz songs to play they usually go with Unintended. I like the song just fine but even Matt himself has admitted it feels flat when they play it in stadiums and arenas. Obviously it would be ideal if they played Showbiz or Muscle Museum but I understand that Matt "lost his pedal" and Showbiz is probably pretty hard for him to sing at this point. It's frustrating.

They don't play Showbiz for two reasons:

1) it's out of date in their mind, they want to play and promote BH&R and TR

2) They feel sort of, embarrassed by alot of the songs on Showbiz besides a few excpetions (Sunburn, Cave, Showbiz) and don't feel that they are appropriate to play now as they don't reflect the bands feelings anymore.

+ He lost his pedal! Jeez! it's not his fault.

:LOL:

Archived