that last note may just be on the cusp of his middle register. if he were having any issues with his voice at all faffing about in falsetto would be the way to cover them. :unsure:

That's why annoys me. He has been cheating on that last note all since the end of the TR-tour, if not fully in falsetto, atleast last part has been. If he had troubles with his voice, yes, it's alright he does that kinda stuff but I doubt he has had troubles for over half a year with so much break between the gigs. Maybe he had troubles the first time he did it and then went: 'Heyyy, this was much easier and no one seems to complain. Let's do it that way from now on'. It's not like this is the first song he goes around the easy way with. Like 90% of the songs are half a step down. I don't mind that but avoiding all the awesome high chest-notes is fucking lame. I can understand the CoD A4 is a bit too much for him, but hell, if he's gonna stop doing G#4's and G4's, he might aswell just retire.

The kiev gig was pretty epic. The acoustics of the venue were outstanding and I don't think I've ever heard the riffs sound so heavy and heart pounding before - literally felt like I was punched in the heart when they brought out the rage and hendrix riffs. The performance was spot on and they looked like they were enjoying it, really amazing gig! Also I loved watching the crowd go wild, great to see so many fans enjoying it.

Also the shirt matt was wearing was a ukranian one, the group of us had brought some too, didnt realise we had the same ones until we saw those photos!

Oh and kirk reiterated that reading will be very very special.

The kiev gig was pretty epic. The acoustics of the venue were outstanding and I don't think I've ever heard the riffs sound so heavy and heart pounding before - literally felt like I was punched in the heart when they brought out the rage and hendrix riffs. The performance was spot on and they looked like they were enjoying it, really amazing gig! Also I loved watching the crowd go wild, great to see so many fans enjoying it.

Also the shirt matt was wearing was a ukranian one, the group of us had brought some too, didnt realise we had the same ones until we saw those photos!

Did you get any of the curly shoes as well?

This is good news :awesome:

That's why annoys me. He has been cheating on that last note all since the end of the TR-tour, if not fully in falsetto, atleast last part has been. If he had troubles with his voice, yes, it's alright he does that kinda stuff but I doubt he has had troubles for over half a year with so much break between the gigs. Maybe he had troubles the first time he did it and then went: 'Heyyy, this was much easier and no one seems to complain. Let's do it that way from now on'. It's not like this is the first song he goes around the easy way with. Like 90% of the songs are half a step down. I don't mind that but avoiding all the awesome high chest-notes is fucking lame. I can understand the CoD A4 is a bit too much for him, but hell, if he's gonna stop doing G#4's and G4's, he might aswell just retire.

has he really been girling that note for a while now? i hadn't noticed :D

calm down already :LOL:

I did think these gigs did sound particularly good, from a "punch" point of view. Turns out it was a fair observation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih8H3nMrvWw

BTW I think it should be noted just how awesome that setup is. Works so well.

250082_10150179405835653_503970652_7219986_6892034_n.jpg

Apparently brought it from the same flea market.

are you guys back in the UK already? or is that a Ukrainian-style glazed door?

the shirt has a certain je ne sais quoi about it. :LOL:

sounds like it was a great gig. wish i could have gone....

as for me, I wasn't missing FG at all. in fact, I even made a wish before the SPb gig that they wouldn't play FG and KoC during this little tour. well, my wish came 50% true. good!

UD is one of my favorite songs on the album, and I think it is brilliant live. to me it is perfect in all respects. in my opinion, KoC is much, much flatter live. especially in the end of the show. I like MWAH very much though, can't imagine if I could grow tired of it one day. GL was also great, can't see the reasons for all the hatred towards it.

I got an impression that sound in Kiev was a lot clearer than in SPb and Msk (was in the first row all three times), the vocals sounded absolutely amazing. but I've just read some fan reviews which said the sound in Kiev had been poor, I don't know, maybe it was in the seated area.

the moment when Matt broke a hexagon was somewhere near the end. that was funny :happy:

I heard that the Ukrainian shirt was a gift from fans and that seems highly probable. somehow very unlikely that Matt went to buy it by himself. he looked great in it, though! and Matt always looks better in a shirt than in a T-shirt, so that one was a really good closer :LOL: also, speaking about the outfit, I still totally think that red trousers>silver trousers! as the setlists in Moscow and Kiev were the same, such details counted :matt:

it was also very cute how the members of the band tweeted praises for one of the three gigs each, Matt for SPb, Dom for Moscow, and Chris for Kiev.

all in all, the tour was wonderful!!

Archived