Few changes and additions to my set up, bought a new amp this week, fancied a change from my Diezel VH4 (and its £2000 less!!) it's a Rat Electronics Amp, this chap takes the guts out of a Blackheart BH15 and replaces it with top quality tubes and stuff, lovely little amp although didn't like the badge so stuck a Diezel sticker on it, lovely warm sound and totally controllable volume with the 'Power Scaling'

http://www.ratvalveamps.com/

Feb2010newgear2.jpg

As for pedals, just using the Line 6 M9, great little pedal, really don't need anything else...apart from a tuner as the one on there is difficult to see compared to the Boss

Feb2010newgear.jpg

Also got a M-Audio Wireless Midi Pack for the MB-1 screen to the Kaoss Pad, didn't really need it but its great fun and better than messing around with a MIDI lead

Feb2010newgear1.jpg

:)

Guest bshuker

sweet rig! how long have you had a glitter MB1? looks really nice!

that little rat amp looks sweet, checked out the site seems pretty damn cool

ohai bshuker

It must be interesting if you play one of those amps on stage through a 4x12 cab or something...confusing everyone how that sound is coming from what looks like a valve junior or similar.

I haven't heard of that guy before - how does the amp work and sound?

Generally, when having an amp built from the ground up by a custom builder, I really only trust the ones with solid reputations. I don't see anything wrong here, though.

PG tips monkey? :awesome:

Thanks!! I got the MB1 in September, I believe it was the first red one to be collected, lovely guitar :)

Lovely little amp, bpught it on ebay, I believe his username is 'andydokken' 100% feedback of over 2,500, much more controllable volume than my Diezel, yes it is the PG Tips monkey

No Whammy? au contraire, it has with the new version 2.0 update, struggles on more than one note at a time but not too bad overall, and its true bypass so pretty good for £300

Pitch Glide Four-octave range! Drop some dive bombs and throw some ice picks, a la Tom Morello. Connect an EX-1™ Expression Pedal for the full effect. Inspired by* a Digitech Whammy®. http://line6.com/m9/models.html

I gonna make a RAT soon, i just don't know what version to build. Should i go for the classic version with the really shit opamp? (LM308 or something similar, someone said the oopamps crap sound gives the signature sound of the rat, but i think opamps don't have too much impact on the toanz.)

Or there are better versions out there?

Nah, that's not me

Tried to get my Rat to sound like my Diezel with the help of one of the distortions on my Line 6 M9, sounded pretty good to me, the Rat doesn't give me a bad back, isn't too loud for a detached house and costs £2100 less, no offence Mr Diezel :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBzaJFjSZv8

Not bad - is the M9 on the whole time or are there parts with the amp on its own? the MB-1 sounds pretty heavy

Recent purchases:

dunlop 535Q wah pedal (sold this to Sam way back, but ended up buying it back...because it's the chrome version and I can't find one elsewhere)

marshall 1960AX 4x12. currently lost in the mail (how is that even possible? :facepalm: ) just have to make sure about the power handling..

more parts for my amp build

most of my money went into repairing that fire hazard of an amp i mentioned a while back.

Thanks, the first 45 seconds is Diezel on Channel 3 only, the second 45 seconds is The Rat Electronics Amp with the 'Line 6 Drive' Setting on the M9 :)

This video that I filmed with 'musecasters' playing here was the prototype MB-1 in the Mansons Shop, just going into a Marshall Anniversary JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Presumably the same as a normal one) plugged into a Mills Acoustics 4x12 and it sounded amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHDf_XRoNo

Archived