• 2 weeks later...

got the RC2 the other day. pretty cool, though i haven't really figured it out yet.

other recent purchases...

http://www.aracom-amps.com/products/prx150.html

hopefully that'll be the last attenuator i'll buy. it certainly is getting good reviews, but i'm not sure if it can handle an OR120 full bore.

also a hiscox hardshell case as the warwick flight case i have is falling apart.

and of course.. http://afguitars.co.uk/sak_.htm (well sort of...only have sent the parts cost so far)

iwantamanson - do you have something you want to show us yet? :ninja:

i want to see it

*insert picture of soldano SLO here*

Nah, I'm not sure if he wants everyone to know what it is yet, but if it is what he says it is, it's pretty cool.

I've paid for the AF anyway - he's just waiting to get the case at this point. I don't think I'll be buying anything besides picks and strings for quite a while...barely have enough put aside to pay for the MB-1.

Olly, have you figured out what amp you want?

Yeah I guess he'll tell ppl when it's the time, I could have seen it on friday if I wasnt so lazy :LOL:

And not yet for the amp, I'm liking the look of the Rat but for that sound mark created I'd need the M9 too. Still need to go to mansons to have a play with it all.

have you heard the rat on its own though? i think there are some clips on the builders site (can't remember the link - will have to look for it)

i haven't used one, but i'd still recommend that laney combo. it's not real high gain or anything, but it has a nice clean and a great overdrive sound. more than enough overdrive for most people i'd say...but it's no diezel VH4 :ninja:

and a korg pitchblack

Boring boring question to ask, I know but how's the Pitchblack working out for you? I'm looking to buy a pedal tuner at the moment and the size and price of the thing make it pretty appealing. I've never really had a stomp tuner before so don't know how much variation there is between them but I guess it'd be stuff like are there any nasty pops when you switch it on/off, how quickly does it track to the notes, does it seem accurate enough, how easy is the display to see in different lighting conditions etc.

Boring boring question to ask, I know but how's the Pitchblack working out for you? I'm looking to buy a pedal tuner at the moment and the size and price of the thing make it pretty appealing. I've never really had a stomp tuner before so don't know how much variation there is between them but I guess it'd be stuff like are there any nasty pops when you switch it on/off, how quickly does it track to the notes, does it seem accurate enough, how easy is the display to see in different lighting conditions etc.

Waiting for it to be sent actually - it seems to have been backordered. I'll let you know what I think when I get it though.

I think someone else on here has one as well, just can't remember who.

new case got here.

IMG_0051.jpg

guitar wasn't included of course.

and these too, just because i lost most of my tortex picks.

IMG_0052.jpg

it doesn't close quite as well as it should as it was designed for fenders, which (usually) don't have the FF controls sticking out at the bottom.

and these too, just because i lost most of my tortex picks

after 1,5-2 years of playing (i got my first guitar around 3 years ago i think) i made a change from tortex/ultex to jazz 3's and i can't play with anything else nowadays. 6 string chord strumming is better with tortex sized picks for me but for anything else i use jazz 3's.

you probably don't want to hear it, but if i'd got guitars that nice i'd probably have flight cases made to fit.

the guitar fits fine, but the case just doesn't close perfectly as there's that bit right above the FF controls. it's not enough to break anything, but enough to push the lid up slightly.

hiscox cases are the most solid cases i've come across, plus i don't really think i'll need a flight case for that one as i'm a little nervous about gigging it.

pear - for whatever reason i like .73mm picks of all types. i often use the dunlop nylon picks too. actually have more of those i think. haven't used jazz 3's

but are you not forcing the pots down when you close the lid?

How do you like my new cab?

fucking lol

and no, i don't think i am - if you see that weird bit on the case lid that closes right above the FF controls, it's sort of a cushion type thing. (i'd assume that was to keep it from moving around too much). that is what's keeping it from closing 100%, but it isn't really putting any pressure on it.

oh, and I was using nylon .88s at one point, but tried the .73s and liked them a bit more.

Ex Tour Diezel VH4 2008 Model

Was used my MUSE for three weeks in November on the Resitance tour, and some guitarist from Mastodon for a month (his phone number is written on the flight case)

It was also used in the studio by Enter Shakari who have put a some midi related stickers on the back, BIffy Clyro and Snowpatrol (wtf :facepalm:)

Re valved with a life-time warranty, this thing is awesome, diezel customer service is second to none, the head of Diezel UK even gave me a lift to the train station on the way home, nice guys and channel 3 is like a wet dream but louder.

j7dspl.jpg

EDIT; Quick phone photo, im certainly no photographer.

i will do eventually, i have my eye on a diezel or mills cab

im just drained of money now, just booked a holiday too

sounds really nice through the peavey tbh mainly because its a top range amp...it would just sound alot nicer through something more suitable.

Archived