More concerned about something actually happening to it because of security or someone throwing the suitcase. I'm going to have it shipped over I think, but with the neck removed... the neck joint isn't exactly a solid design, as I've found out with both londaxes (???) I've owned. One was repaired and went to Crowella, and the other is currently a bunch parts on my shelf....

Shipping sounds the safest with guitars i think. Why is it so fragile? I was under assumption that bolt-on guitars can take any abuse, unlike Gibson headstocks :facepalm: I'm moving across the country in a couple weeks and I still haven't decided whether to ship the double cut or bring it with me in the plane (US laws say that airlines must allow it as a carry on on domestic flights or something)

Are you going to pack it yourself and ship it or you getting a pro to?

If you want to get rid of it, I can have a solution for you...:ninja:

Probably not yet. I want to compare them... you know, and see which one is bigger.

Shipping sounds the safest with guitars i think. Why is it so fragile? I was under assumption that bolt-on guitars can take any abuse, unlike Gibson headstocks :facepalm: I'm moving across the country in a couple weeks and I still haven't decided whether to ship the double cut or bring it with me in the plane (US laws say that airlines must allow it as a carry on on domestic flights or something)

Are you going to pack it yourself and ship it or you getting a pro to?

Nope, I've had two shipped over and they both got damaged in the same way. The neck is mounted without ferrules or a neck plate, and if the wood gets compressed at all, the neck won't stay still.

Archived